Building FreeCAD on fedora - updated script

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
PrzemoF
Veteran

Re: Building FreeCAD on fedora - updated script

Post by PrzemoF »

NormandC wrote:
PrzemoF wrote:The wiki was going nuts on || symbol.
I would never have figured this one out! :?
I just spotted it was cutting the script half the way through a line. I don't know if what I did was right, but it works :D
cgfaas

Post by cgfaas »

I have been attempting to use the above script and compile in Fed 24. I received the following errors:

Code: Select all

Error: Transaction check error:
  file /usr/lib64/libkadm5clnt_mit.so.10.0 from install of libkadm5-1.14.4-4.fc24.x86_64 conflicts with file from package krb5-libs-1.14.1-6.fc24.x86_64
  file /usr/lib64/libkadm5srv_mit.so.10.0 from install of libkadm5-1.14.4-4.fc24.x86_64 conflicts with file from package krb5-libs-1.14.1-6.fc24.x86_64
/[code]
Then it keeps on rolling cloning the git repo.

In the end it hang son missing PythonLibs, requesting the eaxct version that matches the pyyhon2 version installed (2.7.12 or 2.7.13, I've tried both)
[code]
-- Could NOT find PythonLibs (missing:  PYTHON_LIBRARIES PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS) (Required is exact version "2.7.13")
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:531 (MESSAGE):
  =================================

Python not found, install Python!

=================================

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
I've tried to install python-libs directly and upgrade cmake. Not sure what to try next.
ian.rees

Post by ian.rees »

Perhaps dumb question - which script from above? I don't understand the significance of setting FEDORA_VERSION in the one that I take to be the newest (and suspect it's not necessary to set explicitly), but if that's trying to install dependencies from a different version of Fedora, then it might explain why dnf is complaining about conflicting libraries.

Edit: IIRC, the listed Fedora dependencies on the wiki are not a full list, but rather a list that ends up including the things you actually need. So, the python libs that cmake isn't finding are probably part of a python-devel package that's not getting installed because it first encounters the error about a conflict.

Next step I'd take is to not use the whole script as such, but instead install the dependencies via dnf as one step, then clone the source, then cmake and make... Stop when you encounter the first problem and investigate (eg, which dependency is leading to your problems?).

It might also be worth trying in the Install & Compile forum. Hope this helps! -Ian-
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

cgfaas, welcome to the forum!

We need detailed info which script (there are 2 in this thread).

If you don't want to build FreeCAD yourself, but you want a cutting edge fedora build check here: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs ... f/FreeCAD/
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

I'm having problem building FreeCAD on fedora locally and on copr (remote fedora buid service). The problems started between commits 10807 and 10881. The compiler cannot find some files the are Coin or Inventor related like Inventor/lists/SoPickedPointList.h. Any idea what's missing? I have this on my system:

$ dnf list installed | egrep  'Inventor|Coin'
Coin2.x86_64                         2.5.0-28.fc25                 @fedora      
Coin2-devel.x86_64                   2.5.0-28.fc25                 @fedora      
Coin3.x86_64                         3.1.3-18.fc25                 @@commandline
Coin3-devel.x86_64                   3.1.3-18.fc25                 @fedora      
Inventor.x86_64                      2.1.5-62.fc25                 @updates     
Inventor-devel.x86_64                2.1.5-62.fc25                 @updates 
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

The compiler cannot find some files the are Coin or Inventor related like Inventor/lists/SoPickedPointList.h. Any idea what's missing? I have this on my system:
Where exactly does the build error occur? The class SoPickedPointList has been used now for many years and if problems started now then maybe the include path for that module is missing.

EDIT: Is it the same as here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 9f16d38261
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

ccache cleaned, clean build + rebuild on single cpu:

[ 69%] Building CXX object src/Mod/Surface/Gui/CMakeFiles/SurfaceGui.dir/TaskFilling.cpp.o
In file included from /home/przemo/software/FreeCAD/freecad/src/Mod/Part/Gui/ViewProviderExt.h:34:0,
                 from /home/przemo/software/FreeCAD/freecad/src/Mod/Part/Gui/ViewProvider.h:28,
                 from /home/przemo/software/FreeCAD/freecad/src/Mod/Surface/Gui/TaskFilling.cpp:40:
/home/przemo/software/FreeCAD/freecad/src/Gui/ViewProviderGeometryObject.h:27:47: fatal error: Inventor/lists/SoPickedPointList.h: No such file or directory

^
compilation terminated.
src/Mod/Surface/Gui/CMakeFiles/SurfaceGui.dir/build.make:116: recipe for target 'src/Mod/Surface/Gui/CMakeFiles/SurfaceGui.dir/TaskFilling.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/Mod/Surface/Gui/CMakeFiles/SurfaceGui.dir/TaskFilling.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:3357: recipe for target 'src/Mod/Surface/Gui/CMakeFiles/SurfaceGui.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/Mod/Surface/Gui/CMakeFiles/SurfaceGui.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
fedora:/home/przemo/software/FreeCAD/build
$ locate SoPickedPointList.h
/usr/include/Coin3/Inventor/lists/SoPickedPointList.h
/usr/share/Coin3/Coin/classSoPickedPointList.html
Looks like the same problem.. testing in progress...

Edit: I can't easily revert the commit, but switching off BUILD_SURFACE fixes the problem.

$ git show 6f4e3ac
commit 6f4e3acce4917119e745f0ee5d1bcb49a57e1996
Author: NateAM <noreply@example.com>
Date:   Mon Nov 17 17:54:34 2014 +0100

Added Surface module

I have added Nate's SurfaceTools module with the name changed to Surface in all files and filenames.
Edit2/3:
Local build: fixed
COPR build: fixed (packaging fails, bu hat's a separate issue)
Edit4: COPR fixed