Sketch fail when update it's support

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: Sketch fail when update it's support

Post by triplus »

I tested the branch with the fix and can confirm reported issue is fixed:

I remembered another use case and this solution still misbehaving:
Arc.png
Arc.png (7.86 KiB) Viewed 1167 times
  • Add arc (coincident constraint at origin)
  • Add radius constraint after
  • Add coincident constraint between end points and observe the result.
To me the behavior does look similar but in reality the cause for the issue could be unrelated. If that is true i will open another issue report for it.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

This latter case is also interesting (it is like you had a bug detector :) ).

If you look at the console output:

Updating geometry: Error build geometry(0): Geom_TrimmedCurve::U1 == U2
Invalid solution from DogLeg solver.

OCE heavily dislikes that you made the endpoints of a TrimmedCurve coincident. Probably because you do have two solutions (single point and 360 degrees curve).

I am not sure, because they are two separate commits in different branches, but the other pull request that I have, dealing precisely with solver errors may indicate that this is an invalid solver solution (for the reason that OCE will not enforce it).

Let's wait a couple of days to when both pull requests are merged and then we look again into it.

In any case, feel free to make a different issue, so that I (or you) tag it with the "solver" tag. It is good to have these in a single place...
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

abdullah wrote:This latter case is also interesting (it is like you had a bug detector :) ).
;)
In any case, feel free to make a different issue, so that I (or you) tag it with the "solver" tag. It is good to have these in a single place...
issue #0002289