Problem with bug tracker

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
f3nix

Problem with bug tracker

Post by f3nix »

Hi,
I have an issue with the bug tracker. I've tried to update my "Real Name" which contains local characters and got this error message:
Database query failed. Error received from database was #1267: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' for the query: SELECT *
FROM mantis_user_table
WHERE username=?.
Entering real name: "Mateusz Skowroński" gives this error message.
Entering real name without special charactes: "Mateusz Skowronski" does work.

Cheers,
Mateusz
yorik
Founder

Re: Problem with bug tracker

Post by yorik »

Hmm reading the docs on the net it seems we need to convert the database to UTF8. Indeed there are still many tables in latin1. I suppose that comes from an older version, I never checked further...

issue #2470
f3nix

Post by f3nix »

Hi yorik!

Thanks for taking the time and looking into it! :)

Cheers,
Mateusz
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

This is now fixed on my staging environment at freecad.kwkengineering.com/tracker and will be taken care of next time I bring the tracker down for maintenance (probably tomorrow.)
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
f3nix

Post by f3nix »

kkremitzki wrote:This is now fixed on my staging environment at freecad.kwkengineering.com/tracker and will be taken care of next time I bring the tracker down for maintenance (probably tomorrow.)
Great news! Thanks Kurt! :)

Cheers,
Mateusz