macOS Qt5 plan and status

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
f3nix

Re: macOS Qt5 plan and status

Post by f3nix »

Hi @blacey!
blacey wrote: 1) Notice that the toolbar icons do not seem to render / redraw properly when opening a new document in Part Design.
It looks like this issue: QTBUG-39210 and this QTBUG-39781
Have not read it yet but it looks like another problem with QGLWidget...
blacey wrote: 2) When adding a sketch to a surface and applying a coincident constraint, the sketch resizes to a smaller size (most likely another scaling issue)
Do you see these issues on Linux?
Sorry. Can't test the second one yet. Waiting for the latest build to finish. Will edit this when done.
EDIT:
I see the same behaviour for number two (Linux, not high dpi). Sometimes it makes it bigger, sometimes smaller.

EDIT2:
Qt4 build does the same. So it is either a feature or a bug ;)

Cheers,
Mateusz
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

BTW, any commits that are related to porting from Qt4 to Qt5 please link them to issue #2986
In the commit message you can write

Code: Select all

issue #2968
in order to auto-link it in MantisBT. See https://freecadweb.org/wiki/tracker#Att ... o_a_ticket
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

I don't know if you have already documented this pair of bugs related with macOS and Qt5: bug#3130 but it makes imposible to use FreeCAD while using an external display:
bugs.png
bugs.png (200.58 KiB) Viewed 2520 times
Cheers
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
f3nix

Post by f3nix »

pablogil wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:03 pm I don't know if you have already documented this pair of bugs related with macOS and Qt5: bug#3130 but it makes imposible to use FreeCAD while using an external display:
bugs.png

Cheers
Hi,
regarding second issue.

Do you start FreeCAD on the main display and then move it to the external display?
Does clicking "View->Create new view" while being on external display fixes the offset issue?

EDIT:
Ok. I've found the problem. I will try to create a fix in the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Mateusz
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

Awesome, thanks.

In the meanwhile I have also detected another issue related with this "mouse shift": with the same Macbook Pro with retina display and using it's own display (and with any other display connected) when in Sketch mode when selecting and dragging with the mouse the selection is also shifted; it doesn't happen when using the command Edit / Box selection which work perfectly...

Cheers
f3nix

Post by f3nix »

pablogil wrote:Ping
Hi,
here is a branch that should hopefully partially fix issue #3130. Only the offset issue on external monitor.

Could you please test it and share your findings?

Cheers,
Mateusz
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

f3nix wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm
pablogil wrote:Ping
Hi,
here is a branch that should hopefully partially fix issue #3130. Only the offset issue on external monitor.

Could you please test it and share your findings?

Cheers,
Mateusz
Ouch, I have troubles by now setting up a building from source ecosystem... would it be possible if you share in the repository a .app build? I would highly appreciate it and I will be able to test.

Thanks
f3nix

Post by f3nix »

pablogil wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:42 pm Ouch, I have troubles by now setting up a building from source ecosystem... would it be possible if you share in the repository a .app build? I would highly appreciate it and I will be able to test.

Thanks
Hi.
Sorry. I do not have a Mac. Maybe somebody else could provide a build for you?
blacey wrote:Ping?
peterl94 wrote:Ping?
Cheers,
Mateusz
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

f3nix wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm Could you please test it and share your findings?
Is a screenshot enough? (I can provide a build if needed). Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the issue for me moving from 2880x1800 to 1080p over HDMI. The viewer does reset and snap correctly if I create a new document or switch to a new workbench and back on the external monitor. It seems like we need to somehow detect moving to a different resolution and do the same update process to the viewer as what happens when switching workbenches.
(not the actual cursor icon)
(not the actual cursor icon)
Untitled.png (57.51 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.11750 (Git)
Build type: Unknown
Branch: pixelratio-2
Hash: de15d7fff60d7be71d09d01f74f914f37fed7ad3
Python version: 2.7.13
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

Just tested it with master again, and I see the offset no matter what. So your change actually does fix the problem, it just needs the viewer to be refreshed.