[Fixed] Bug #2815: Default shortcut for "Constrain distance" has conflict

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

[Fixed] Bug #2815: Default shortcut for "Constrain distance" has conflict

Post by Kunda1 »

issue #2815: Default shortcut for "Constrain distance" has conflict
Description
One of the most useful constraint in the sketcher is the Distance constraint. The keyboard shortcut for this is (and has been for a while) shift+D. Recently, the function "Docked" has been assigned to the same shortfuct, which conflicts, and hinders the function. Please change the default shortcut for Docked to something else.

Steps To Reproduce
Open Sketcher
Draw a line
Press shift+D (nothing happens, since windows are docked be default)

Additional Information
Workaround: Using the Customize menu, re-assign the keyboard shortcut for Docked (under Standard view) to something else.
Last edited by Kunda1 on Mon May 01, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
sterna

Re: Bug #2815: Default shortcut for "Constrain distance" has conflict

Post by sterna »

Seems like, as of version 0.17.10967, this is no longer a problem. If some of you nice developers also found this to not be an issue anymore, this issue can be closed.
It might also have been something weird with my config files (as was in another issue: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19923).
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Bug #2815: Default shortcut for "Constrain distance" has conflict

Post by kkremitzki »

This is no longer an issue, Shift+D is not the default mapping anymore: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/comm ... cc040R1400
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.