FreeCAD & Lisp

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
nhaeck

Re: FreeCAD & Lisp

Post by nhaeck »

Hi, I am a seasoned autocad engineer, and with autolisp I could fabricate perfect 2D drawings in a matter of seconds or at most minutes, using the tempate of autocad, which I modified a bit. And even better, I have employed 2 more autocad engineers who had secured their work this way. So Autocad definitely worked with the use of the templates and autolisp, well worth the purchase price of autocad (the 3 licences).

Now FreeCad is FREE and with Python I guess I can program the same things like templates.. All I am concerned of, is how to use the touch templates... I had A2 touch tablets which worked like a charm.

Kind Regards, Nils Haeck
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Hi,
I believe this shouldn't be a problem... Qt (which powers the interface of FreeCAD) manages touch devices pretty well, you should be able to get the input of your touch tablets the same way as any other device like a mouse. Have a look at pyside, the python bindings for Qt, which works flawlessly in freecad.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

+1 for touch device support
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

@nhaeck: If all you want is to make automated 2D drawings I'm not sure if FreeCAD is really what you want to use.