PySide migration

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ulrich1a
Veteran

Re: PySide migration

Post by ulrich1a »

normandc wrote:I can create a Spreadsheet and cells, they are shown in the Project tree, but there is no way to display the actual spreadsheet.
The Spreadsheet Module seems still not complete and as there was an alternative visible, I do understand that not much more effort was put in.
From my first experiments with the spreadsheet, I did remember, that there was something special. You have one chance to get it visible. After creating the spreadsheet, you have to select it, go to the edit menu and click "Toggle edit mode". This will show the spreadsheet. After closing the spreadsheet tab, however, I could not get it visible anymore. But it works again after saving and opening the FreeCAD-document.

Regards
Ulrich
jriegel
Founder

Post by jriegel »

At the moment I have a c++ spread-sheet module in review. It is very powerful and have do have a lot of features! Unfortunately it has some conceptual problems with our document and undo/redo mechanism. There fore I'm not quit sure how many time I have to invest to get it cleanly integrated. I would advice Yorik not put to much work in the python one...
Stop whining - start coding!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

jriegel wrote:At the moment I have a c++ spread-sheet module in review. It is very powerful and have do have a lot of features! Unfortunately it has some conceptual problems with our document and undo/redo mechanism. There fore I'm not quit sure how many time I have to invest to get it cleanly integrated. I would advice Yorik not put to much work in the python one...
Hi Juergen
Unless I am mistaken, I don't think you have made this branch public yet. It sounds like you are not ready to do so, however I was wondering if you would like me to create an icon set for it? If that's helpful?

If you do want me to, and you don't want to push your branch to SF, perhaps you could push your branch to somewhere less conspicuous, like your GitHUB account?

Jim
ulrich1a
Veteran

Post by ulrich1a »

jmaustpc wrote: I don't think you have made this branch public yet.
I think, it is the spreadsheet module that eivindkvedalen has made. He did post a link to his branch here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4359&start=60#p38655

Ulrich
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

there is also jriegels review branch on sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/p/free-cad/code/ ... heet/tree/
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

ickby wrote:there is also jriegels review branch on sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/p/free-cad/code/ ... heet/tree/
Ah! Thanks Stefan... I missed that because I was only looking at branches with the "/jriegel/" prefix. :)

Jim

Edit: I am compiling now, I may well be able to answer my own question regarding icons. :)
eivindkvedalen

Post by eivindkvedalen »

Hi all,

Just to let you all know, the C++ version of the Spreadsheet module is still work in progress. Due to being bogged down with work the last two months, I haven't had time to fix the Undo/Redo mechanism in the module yet. I hope that during the next two weeks, I should have some spare time to look into that.

Eivind
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

jriegel wrote:I would advice Yorik not put to much work in the python one...
That is what my lazy side likes to hear! :)
But indeed I had more or less stopped working on it, waiting to see what comes next...
jreinhardt

Post by jreinhardt »

When hunting for problems with BOLTS that some people experienced, we found that they were caused by a missing pyside-tools package.

It was discussed here that pyside-tools should be recommended by the Debian package. Is it also possible to add it as a recommendation to the daily builds?
BOLTS, standard parts library for FreeCAD Thread, Help with Translation
jriegel
Founder

Post by jriegel »

Ok, I finally committed Ulrichs cMake changes for LibPack and PySide.

From Now on there is a switch FREECAD_LIBPACK_USEPYSIDE default ON. Works only with LibPack >=8.2. If you have an older LibPack just switch it off. I will keep the PyQt stuff in the 8.x LibPacks, but newer LibPacks will have only PySide......
Stop whining - start coding!