PySide migration

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ulrich1a
Veteran

Re: PySide migration

Post by ulrich1a »

jriegel wrote:So far its planed to leave both in the LibPack.
It works also with PyQt4 in the Libpack. So the Libpack 8.2 has no problems. Only the cmake file in the FreeCAD source needs an update.
By the way, is there a 9.x Libpack for windows 32 bit planned?

Ulrich
jriegel
Founder

Post by jriegel »

Sure, my plan is to build a LibPack with VS Express 2012 sometimes in the future (x86 and x64). Basically all LGPL...
Stop whining - start coding!
mrlukeparry

Post by mrlukeparry »

I haven't paid much attention to this thread so sorry I'm not knowledgeable on this. I'm just wondering if the migration is complete yet?

I've got a lot of merge conflicts recently with a local branch, so just wanted to wait before merging then.
danielfalck

Post by danielfalck »

Luke, I think the PySide migration is working fine on Linux (at least it is here). Please go ahead and merge your changes. We want to try them out.

Thanks.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

danielfalck wrote:We want to try them out.

Thanks.
Your right about that Dan, Luke is always doing something interesting! :)

Jim
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Luke wrote: I'm just wondering if the migration is complete yet?
The plot module needs to be migrated and some resource files on various modules, too. If you go back a few pages you should see an up-to-date to do list.
Sanguinario_Joe

Post by Sanguinario_Joe »

The plot module was already migrated, see:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5358

For my side left the ship module, which needs some additional changes as well.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

The plot module was already migrated, see:
Sorry, I mixed it up. It's the ship module that needs to be migrated.
abulak

Post by abulak »

Hey, I've just compiled Freecad from git (Gentoo Linux 64bit.). While trying the dimension tool in Draft workbench I get a crash and the following output in console:

Code: Select all

FreeCAD 0.14, Libs: 0.14R3056 (Git)
© Juergen Riegel, Werner Mayer, Yorik van Havre 2001-2011
  #####                 ####  ###   ####  
  #                    #      # #   #   # 
  #     ##  #### ####  #     #   #  #   # 
  ####  # # #  # #  #  #     #####  #   # 
  #     #   #### ####  #    #     # #   # 
  #     #   #    #     #    #     # #   #  ##  ##  ##
  #     #   #### ####   ### #     # ####   ##  ##  ##

Draft workbench activated
('[Draft.todo.tasks] Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, 'in ', <bound method gridTracker._insertSwitch of <DraftTrackers.gridTracker instance at 0x40d17e8>>, '(', <pivy.coin.SoSwitch; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'SoSwitch *' at 0x453c070> >, ')')('[Draft.todo.tasks] Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, 'in ', <bound method snapTracker._insertSwitch of <DraftTrackers.snapTracker instance at 0x41f5e60>>, '(', <pivy.coin.SoSwitch; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'SoSwitch *' at 0x48d2e00> >, ')')('[Draft.todo.tasks] Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, 'in ', <bound method lineTracker._insertSwitch of <DraftTrackers.lineTracker instance at 0x42002d8>>, '(', <pivy.coin.SoSwitch; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'SoSwitch *' at 0x49c9cf0> >, ')')('[Draft.todo.tasks] Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, 'in ', <bound method lineTracker._insertSwitch of <DraftTrackers.lineTracker instance at 0x892fb90>>, '(', <pivy.coin.SoSwitch; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'SoSwitch *' at 0x49c8670> >, ')')('[Draft.todo.tasks] Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, 'in ', <bound method lineTracker._insertSwitch of <DraftTrackers.lineTracker instance at 0x4e1d3b0>>, '(', <pivy.coin.SoSwitch; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'SoSwitch *' at 0x5222080> >, ')')('[Draft.todo.tasks] Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, 'in ', <bound method radiusTracker._insertSwitch of <DraftTrackers.radiusTracker instance at 0x884a290>>, '(', <pivy.coin.SoSwitch; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'SoSwitch *' at 0x4a7bbc0> >, ')')('[Draft.todo.tasks] Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, 'in ', <bound method archDimTracker._insertSwitch of <DraftTrackers.archDimTracker instance at 0x4413320>>, '(', <pivy.coin.SoSwitch; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'SoSwitch *' at 0x4a7dae0> >, ')')('[Draft.todo.tasks] Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, 'in ', <bound method archDimTracker._insertSwitch of <DraftTrackers.archDimTracker instance at 0x4413758>>, '(', <pivy.coin.SoSwitch; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'SoSwitch *' at 0x4550cf0> >, ')')Pick first point:
('[Draft.todo.tasks] Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, 'in ', <bound method dimTracker._insertSwitch of <DraftTrackers.dimTracker instance at 0x87e3200>>, '(', <pivy.coin.SoSwitch; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'SoSwitch *' at 0x5220070> >, ')')('[Draft.todo.tasks] Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, 'in ', <bound method arcTracker._insertSwitch of <DraftTrackers.arcTracker instance at 0x87f44d0>>, '(', <pivy.coin.SoSwitch; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'SoSwitch *' at 0x5564660> >, ')')('[Draft.todo.tasks] Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, 'in ', <bound method dimTracker._removeSwitch of <DraftTrackers.dimTracker instance at 0x87e3200>>, '(', <pivy.coin.SoSwitch; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'SoSwitch *' at 0x5220070> >, ')')('[Draft.todo.tasks] Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, 'in ', <bound method arcTracker._removeSwitch of <DraftTrackers.arcTracker instance at 0x87f44d0>>, '(', <pivy.coin.SoSwitch; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'SoSwitch *' at 0x5564660> >, ')')*** Abort *** an exception was raised, but no catch was found.
        ... The exception is:SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 38
What could be the cause?
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

yorik wrote:- Spreadsheet module must be switched, but this might be a good opportunity to merge the C++ one...
Anything has been done on that point? Spreadsheet module seems broken here. I can create a Spreadsheet and cells, they are shown in the Project tree, but there is no way to display the actual spreadsheet.