Russian translation

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
seper

Russian translation

Post by seper »

Hi, can I help translate the project site in Russian, but I do not know very well English, but I think I can do it.
yorik
Founder

Re: Russian translation

Post by yorik »

Hi seper,
That would be great! If you know other languages than english (french, german, swedish?) the translations are already well advanced, and can help you too.
If you want to start, the best way is to start with the Manual index page ( http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/f ... e_Help_Toc ). Just create a http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/f ... elp_Toc/ru page, copy/past the contents of the english page. and adapt (for each english page you create a corresponding /ru page). After you create the first page, just tell me and I'll create the needed templates with russian flag.

Tell me if you are interested, and I'll give you edit rights on the wiki

Another thing you can do, which is easier, is to help translating freecad itself in russian by going there: http://crowdin.net/project/freecad/invite
All the freecad translation is currently hosted there, and it is very easy to use.

Any questions, feel free to ask here!

Cheers
Yorik
seper

Post by seper »

Ok, I'll begin translate general information about project, and when the translation of the first page is finished, I'll tell you.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Ok, I just gave you edit rights. Make sure you start with this page http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/f ... elp_Toc/ru
So I can link it on the main page..
seper

Post by seper »

Ok
alff31

Post by alff31 »

Hello. I would like to translate documentation to Russian language. But now I can't do it, because I haven't right for edit documentation.
Project is great. I learning c++ and qt, and I would like to help in development, if I can do it.

p.s. Sorry for my english. I'm russian.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

But now I can't do it, because I haven't right for edit documentation.
OK, I have assigned editing permission to you right now.
aIvenga

Post by aIvenga »

I want to help translate the wiki. Allow to edit. And I begin to translate in my spare time.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

aIvenga wrote:I want to help translate the wiki. Allow to edit. And I begin to translate in my spare time.
your first post, welcome to FreeCAD. :)

Translating would be great. I can set up your account just now but can in a few hours.....if I forget please feel free to send me a PM to remind me, PMs will work for you now that your first post has been approved....I am at the side of the road in the Australian outback testing my mobile Internet modem....and obviously it is working here! :) Which is actually quite impressive considering I am quite a few kilometres from....well, from anywhere. I am at the side of a major highway and we have been getting something like a car every five minutes or so, which makes this a busy road compared to most around here! My kids are getting bored so I have to go, we just saw a foal which was "so cute" apparently, and a few kangaroos in the paddock near where we stopped.

Jim
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

aIvenga wrote:I want to help translate the wiki. Allow to edit. And I begin to translate in my spare time.

OK, I have created the account now, you login/user name is the same as the forum except that the first letter is capitalised. The system should have sent you an email with a temporary password, let us know if you have any problems. Good luck with the translating. :)