took a stab at building the cam module

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
tanderson69
Veteran

Re: took a stab at building the cam module

Post by tanderson69 »

You shouldn't need to "re-clone" the repo. Just:
1)delete all files and folders from the project folder EXCEPT the ".git" folder.
2)get terminal in the project folder.
3)"git reset --hard HEAD"

Now do an "out of source" build as mentioned.
topcyde

Post by topcyde »

Thank you tanderson69, Ill keep that noted for the next time.

I did get it to work on my main freecad build though. That's awsome because it fixed my spreadsheet and FEM workbench issues. I'll checkout with the cam module build tonight. I was curious if there was a way to run cmake and make with out running as root or sudo? I thought there was a make or cmake group to add adduser to?
tanderson69
Veteran

Post by tanderson69 »

topcyde wrote:I did get it to work on my main freecad build though.
Still doing an "in source" build then?
topcyde wrote:I was curious if there was a way to run cmake and make with out running as root or sudo? I thought there was a make or cmake group to add adduser to?
You shouldn't need elevated privileges for either cmake or make. Only for "make install". If you are having permission problems, you have probably ran cmake or make as root, and generated files that are trying to be modified by subsequent runs. Once again, an easy fix for an "out of source" build.
topcyde

Post by topcyde »

tanderson69 wrote:
topcyde wrote:I did get it to work on my main freecad build though.
Still doing an "in source" build then?
No, I was using it as a baseline. Just didn't have the time to work on the cam module build too.
tanderson69 wrote:
topcyde wrote:I was curious if there was a way to run cmake and make with out running as root or sudo? I thought there was a make or cmake group to add adduser to?
You shouldn't need elevated privileges for either cmake or make. Only for "make install". If you are having permission problems, you have probably ran cmake or make as root, and generated files that are trying to be modified by subsequent runs. Once again, an easy fix for an "out of source" build.
My question arises from when I run cmake-gui I don't have all the options that I do when I run sudo cmake-gui. It caused me a problem by not being able to redirect the python library to the proper location and the first time I build out of source failed again. SO I re ran using sudo and made the correction and it built properly. I wasn't sure whether that was because a permissions issue or a cmake configuration issue? I looked in /etc/group and didn't see a group named cmake or make , but I admitt it couldn't tell you what the prupose of 80% the groups serve.
topcyde

Post by topcyde »

Nevermind it was a configuration issue. I failed to realize that Grouped and Advanced were checked when I used sudo and not when I didn't. So, I checked the boxes and MAGIC, I got what I expected. I will have to go back and rebuild my workstation correctly later.
topcyde

Post by topcyde »

And now I'm back to where I started.

Code: Select all

/usr/local/lib/oce-0.17-dev/../../include/oce/BRepBuilderAPI_MakeFace.hxx:79:21: note: BRepBuilderAPI_MakeFace::BRepBuilderAPI_MakeFace()
/usr/local/lib/oce-0.17-dev/../../include/oce/BRepBuilderAPI_MakeFace.hxx:79:21: note:   candidate expects 0 arguments, 1 provided
/usr/local/lib/oce-0.17-dev/../../include/oce/BRepBuilderAPI_MakeFace.hxx:73:7: note: BRepBuilderAPI_MakeFace::BRepBuilderAPI_MakeFace(const BRepBuilderAPI_MakeFace&)
/usr/local/lib/oce-0.17-dev/../../include/oce/BRepBuilderAPI_MakeFace.hxx:73:7: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘Handle_Geom_BSplineSurface’ to ‘const BRepBuilderAPI_MakeFace&’
make[2]: *** [src/Mod/Cam/App/CMakeFiles/Cam.dir/AppCamPy.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/Mod/Cam/App/CMakeFiles/Cam.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Same error as before. I built it again but without building the CAM module, and it worked perfectly. Tested everything fine. Thanks to everybodies help, I've isolated the issue to the CAM build of the workbench. I thought I would check the files that are throwing the errors. They're not there. That would explain the errors then.

Now I am confused as to how am I supposed to initiate the CAM build of the workbench then? Or am I missing a library of something? Because the CAM box is not checked in cmake-gui which usually means there's a missing dependency, but I thought that it just wasn ready for prime time and so deselected automatically. When I do check it and build it has errors.

I'm starting to feel a little whiny. All I want to do is work on some toolpaths.
topcyde

Post by topcyde »

sliptonic set me straight on IRC. Got it all working. I was working off CAM when what is actvely being worked on is refered to as the path-module.
topcyde

Post by topcyde »

I have an issue with the latest pull from yorik's work on the path module

if I checkout the path-module and build I get this error. But I don't have it if it checkout master.

Build type: 
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:604 (ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND):
  add_custom_command called with OUTPUT containing a "<".  This character is
  not allowed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  src/Mod/Path/Gui/CMakeLists.txt:40 (fc_wrap_cpp)

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:604 (ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND):
  add_custom_command called with OUTPUT containing a ">".  This character is
  not allowed.
  src/Mod/Path/Gui/CMakeLists.txt:40 (fc_wrap_cpp)

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/Qt4Macros.cmake:165 (add_custom_command):
  add_custom_command called with OUTPUT containing a "<".  This character is
  not allowed.
  src/Mod/Path/Gui/CMakeLists.txt:52 (qt4_wrap_ui)

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/Qt4Macros.cmake:165 (add_custom_command):
  add_custom_command called with OUTPUT containing a ">".  This character is
  not allowed.
  src/Mod/Path/Gui/CMakeLists.txt:52 (qt4_wrap_ui)

I got the error to go away by checkout origin/path-module but when I build it if I try to lauch any tests or switch workbenches it givesd me an error

Error loading specified test: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>, libTKFillet.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I tired to find a TK widget named fillet to install which I'm assuminbg is what it is looking for.
I'm not sure if I'm missing a new dependency, this is some kind of git-rookie error or should I file it as an issue with yorik in the github repo?