the new path workflow, my first impresions

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mlampert
Veteran

Re: the new path workflow, my first impresions

Post by mlampert »

This is a great idea - if you guys have access to the tracker, it would be great to have an issue for it so we won't forget. If not, let me know and I will.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Good morning mlampert,
if you guys have access to the tracker
I have and can do... :)
Gruß Herbert
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi,
one question to the entry theme: In this moment "Contour" and "Surface" only works with the part selected in "Job", all other operations works with each part i have on my machinetable.
Do you think about to change the workflow of this other operations that they work also only with the in Job selected part, or should they remain as they are?
Gruß Herbert
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

herbk wrote:Hi,
one question to the entry theme: In this moment "Contour" and "Surface" only works with the part selected in "Job", all other operations works with each part i have on my machinetable.
Do you think about to change the workflow of this other operations that they work also only with the in Job selected part, or should they remain as they are?
They will eventually change too. This will simplify the code for validating the base object and make the gui cleaner and more consistent. It isn't a big change but affects a lot of operations so I'm holding off until we get our testing strategy nailed down.