Status of holding tabs functionality

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Hackscribble

Status of holding tabs functionality

Post by Hackscribble »

There is a proposed enhancement on the tracker for implementing holding tabs as a dressup (http://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/view.php?id=2751).

What does this mean for the current functionality? Is it still worth reporting possible bugs? I've noticed some odd behaviour when trying to create and edit tabs.
mlampert
Veteran

Re: Status of holding tabs functionality

Post by mlampert »

Hackscribble wrote:What does this mean for the current functionality? Is it still worth reporting possible bugs? I've noticed some odd behaviour when trying to create and edit tabs.
I'm writing a dressup for this functionality but development is slow right now.

It's definitely worth pointing out bugs. The dressup will probably re-use some of the UI elements, so any weirdness, or any workflow I'm not testing against (or thinking of) helps iron out the kinks. And thanks for doing that!
Hackscribble

Post by Hackscribble »

Thanks for the reply.

Brief details of the potential bugs below, together with my version details. I haven't found anything like these in the bug tracker, but maybe they are features or they're a user, not software, problem ;) If they are bugs, I'll raise proper, detailed items in the tracker.

a. In an Edge Profile path, the "Add New" and "Delete" buttons below the Holding list box are behind the list box and scroll bar below it. Just visible through the narrow gap between the box and bar, but not usable.
Screenshot from 2016-11-10 19-49-13.png
Screenshot from 2016-11-10 19-49-13.png (19.63 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
b. In both Face Profile and Edge Profile paths, I can add a first tab to the path by right clicking in the tree and taking the "Add Holding Tag" option. However, when I try to add a second tab on the same path, a blank entry is added to the Holding list box and it's not editable.
Screenshot from 2016-11-10 19-52-16.png
Screenshot from 2016-11-10 19-52-16.png (23.67 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
c. In a Face Profile path, I can edit the height and length of the tab and this shows up in the view of the part. However, if I hit OK to stop editing the path and then go back in by double clicking on the path in the tree, the values go back to the default values of 4mm and 5mm.

Version details:

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.8890 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: 10bb1d6feae6334f8b8639ed450aee57eb2b0d47
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

Most of this is easy stuff. My sloppy gui skill. :oops:

I have a bugfix branch going now and will roll this in. If you wouldn't mind creating a mantis ticket, it would help.

Thanks.
Hackscribble

Post by Hackscribble »

Thanks for quick turnaround on the fixes!