exporting gcode fails

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mlampert
Veteran

Re: exporting gcode fails

Post by mlampert »

GeneFC wrote:I rebased my custom post processor on the new version of linuxcnc_post.py, and the "three-two error" went away.

However, another message pops up saying, ". . . PathScripts\PathJob.py", line 270, in updateTooltips self.form.cboPostProcessorArgs.setText(self.obj.PostProcessorArgs) <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'FeaturePython' object has no attribute 'PostProcessorArgs' "
You might have to delete the Job and create it new for this exception to go away. Please let me know if this happened with a newly created Job, in that case it's a bug.
GeneFC wrote:By the way, I am not trying to complain about anything. I presume that since you issued a pull request that you are interested in test results. I have several older versions of FC in routine use for my work, and these issues are not causing any problem for me. Just trying to help make the future better.

Gene
Totally not received as complaining and it is very much appreciated! Thanks for all the testing you do and the fact that you note them here. And please continue to do what you do, try the latest version on some real world examples, it helps a lot and makes FC so much better, it needs all of us.

Thanks again,
Markus
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: exporting gcode fails

Post by GeneFC »

I reloaded everything fresh, and the entire process goes ahead without errors.

There are still a couple of quirks, but I will address those separately an another message.

Thanks!

Gene