exporting gcode fails

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
herbk
Veteran

exporting gcode fails

Post by herbk »

Hi,
one more problem i have... If i try to export a job to a gcode file, i got this error message:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 4, in <module>
<type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>: export() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)  
I tryd at the "old" way: selecting job ->file ->export ->selcting filetype und linuxcnc in the popup.
A other way to get a gcode file i havn't found....

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.8956 (Git) (Packman)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 950207134f7e8bda9dd655eb09566aafe0718a84
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.9.1.oce-0.18-dev
Gruß Herbert
chrisb
Veteran

Re: exporting gcode fails

Post by chrisb »

No problem here. Could you attach a (preferable simple) model where the error occurs and add your FreeCAD info and which postprocessor you used (is it still linux-cnc?).

postprocessor: generic_post.py

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.8939 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: cb16eda2165d1af34ebbd73628f82aa00037f667
Python version: 2.7.6
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Chris,

Infos about FreeCAD and which postprozessor i use is in the first post, but yes, it's still LinuxCNC. :) And i got the same Error if i try to export with generic_post.
Attachments
cgode_export_fails.fcstd
(7.61 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Gruß Herbert
bill

Post by bill »

I think, Try: Select the JOB, then click on post code icon second from bottom left to solve this; dont export
postcodetofile.png
postcodetofile.png (17.25 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
memfis

Post by memfis »

а почему, интересно, в этом файле может быть виден как тело сам инструмент? - в моих файлах этого не получается.
Если точнее - то тот инструмент, который программа знает как "инструмент по умолчанию" виден, отображется, а тот, что добавлен через меню выбора инструмента - не виден.

And why, I wonder, in this file can be seen as the body of the instrument itself? - This does not work in my files.
To be more precise - that the tool that the program knows as the "default tool" can be seen, visible, and one that is added through the tool menu - not visible.
Attachments
Снимок экрана от 2016-11-20 20-44-59.png
Снимок экрана от 2016-11-20 20-44-59.png (40.52 KiB) Viewed 4332 times
Снимок экрана от 2016-11-20 20-50-22.png
Снимок экрана от 2016-11-20 20-50-22.png (117.98 KiB) Viewed 4332 times
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

memfis wrote:
And why, I wonder, in this file can be seen as the body of the instrument itself? - This does not work in my files.
To be more precise - that the tool that the program knows as the "default tool" can be seen, visible, and one that is added through the tool menu - not visible.
Edit your tool in tooltable and make sure it has both diameter and cutting edge height. Those two values are used to make the cylinder.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

herbk wrote: I tryd at the "old" way: selecting job ->file ->export ->selcting filetype und linuxcnc in the popup.
A other way to get a gcode file i havn't found....
Double excuse from my side, I didn't read the first post properly. It mentioned the post processor and it mentioned the way of export. I can repeat the error here, it seems to be independent from the post processor. So currently the way to go is: what bill said.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi,
thx, that works here to.

Hi memfis,
is that the file i postet? I can not see the Tool to, but if i remember right somwhere is a button to switch it on or off (i think i read about...)

But if the cylinder should show thr tool, then the placement is not correct. The center of the tool hase to be at the green line. i think.
Gruß Herbert
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

herbk wrote:
But if the cylinder should show thr tool, then the placement is not correct. The center of the tool hase to be at the green line. i think.
No. That is not the case (yet). It always displays the tool at 0,0. I would like to make it display the tool at a currently selected line of gcode in the inspect dialog but that has not been written yet.
mlampert
Veteran

Post by mlampert »

I think I broke that with adding support for arguments to the post processor. Filed issue http://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/view.php?id=2789.

And thanks for pointing that out - I wasn't aware that there was an old way :oops: