I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, and methodists

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sliptonic
Veteran

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, and methodists

Post by sliptonic »

I'm building a collection of the meanest, nastiest, most difficult and challenging test files I can find. :twisted: I want files that break the hearts of Path programmers and users alike. If you have a file that could be described as 'soul crushing', 'hope stealing', or 'frightening to children' I'd like to see it.

I'm also adding files that have caused problems in the past and showed up on the forum. If I didn't create them, I'd like permission to include them. herbk, your magnet wheel is one I'm looking at, pleid, your sloped wall pocket file is another.

The start of the repo is here: https://github.com/sliptonic/PathTorture

By the way, the subject line is an paraphrased quote from one of the greatest movies ever, Blazing Saddles. The full quote is, "I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, word censored-kickers and Methodists. "
Linden

Re: I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, and methodists

Post by Linden »

There is a simple file here that seems to be giving path some grief feel free to use and abuse it how ever you see fit

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20341
Linden
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi sliptonic,
no prob, here are two files with parts which are not working now, but they did work before with some workarounds...
First is "magnetic disk": here i got errors if i try to set the path to left, or (on "countour") i'm missing the field to select the side.
Secound "C3": Here i get only partial pathes with "countour" and "path by face". "Path from edges" works, but it's not correct on the rounded corner, made with campfer.
campfer.jpg
campfer.jpg (38.54 KiB) Viewed 3655 times
Attachments
magnetscheibe.fcstd
(201.4 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
C3.fcstd
(802.13 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Last edited by herbk on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gruß Herbert
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

When my wikihouse project is done (hopefully in a couple of months) you'll get one from me :twisted:
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi sliptonic,
a few of the problems i don't have, if i make the whole part new. The files i postet before have some age, i dont know with which version i made it.
In the attachment a new made C3 Profile. Here i get pathes with "countour" and "path by face" to, but still the problem with the ignored campfers exists und i can not change the placement of the path in "countour".
campfer_2.jpeg
campfer_2.jpeg (41.48 KiB) Viewed 3627 times
The "magetic disk" i will make new in next days, maybe some of the probs will be gone to...
Attachments
C3_2.fcstd
(61.54 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Gruß Herbert
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Find attached a model of a hinge which actually cannot be milled due to it's 3 dimensional concave forms :evil: . It was one of the first things I ever milled and it was really a challenge. I managed it (as good as possible) with the help of FreeCAD 0.16. There was a lot of additional hand-GCoding necessary.
The current profile operation takes off too much material at the upper right corner.
Attachments
hingeProfile.png
hingeProfile.png (59.25 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
hinge14Left.fcstd
(759.5 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

chrisb wrote:Find attached a model of a hinge which actually cannot be milled due to it's 3 dimensional concave forms :evil: .
Brutal. That gives us something to shoot for.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

sliptonic wrote:
chrisb wrote:Find attached a model of a hinge which actually cannot be milled due to it's 3 dimensional concave forms :evil: .
Brutal. That gives us something to shoot for.
Among my models, it's the methodist :shock:
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
microelly2
Veteran

Post by microelly2 »

Are you interested in such models too?
http://freecadbuch.de/doku.php?id=blog: ... gen_teil_2
http://freecadbuch.de/doku.php?id=blog:modellvorlagen

Then I can generate the model and post them
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

microelly2 wrote:Are you interested in such models too?
http://freecadbuch.de/doku.php?id=blog: ... gen_teil_2
http://freecadbuch.de/doku.php?id=blog:modellvorlagen

Then I can generate the model and post them
If somebody is actually going to mill a solid aluminum banana, I'll add it. Otherwise I'm going to work my way up to it :lol: