I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, and methodists

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sliptonic
Veteran

Re: I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, and methodists

Post by sliptonic »

herbk wrote:
and i have an other thing what seams a little odd...

I want to cut out this profile, but the path generator ignores the cut for the "corners/pockets", it takes only the outline of the basic object.
Confirmed. I'm working on a version that uses @realthunder's PathArea for contour and millface and it generates a correct path for this shape. It's not ready to go yet, but it's promising.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi sliptonic,
maybe this problem is based on the way i made the baase object. It is a .svg import (made with Libreoffice). If i make on this import boolean operations, some path operations don't work, other do or do partial.

Whats warking partial is:
- geting a drilling path. If i select the wall of the hole i don't get a path, if i select the edge i get a path.
- geting pathes by edges
on both operations path set's the final depth simular to the start depth, bot it is possible to change it manual.

What's working as aspected is geting a "path from face" and "path from contour" if no outline affecting booleans are done.

In my mind some of the problems are based on a foulty solid if i make it the way i do (.svg import and extrude). Some other things are not working on a this way made part to, e.g. selecting a single face. Depending the of the way the face is made, it works or it don't.
Gruß Herbert
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

herbk wrote: Whats warking partial is:
- geting a drilling path. If i select the wall of the hole i don't get a path, if i select the edge i get a path.
- geting pathes by edges
on both operations path set's the final depth simular to the start depth, bot it is possible to change it manual.
Sounds like the wall is not precisely vertical. I'll need a file to look any closer
What's working as aspected is geting a "path from face" and "path from contour" if no outline affecting booleans are done.

In my mind some of the problems are based on a foulty solid if i make it the way i do (.svg import and extrude). Some other things are not working on a this way made part to, e.g. selecting a single face. Depending the of the way the face is made, it works or it don't.
I'm hopeful that a lot of this weirdness will clean up when we're using PathArea more universally.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi sliptonic,
the file you can have, of course.
But if you think the problems will be solved with the change to patharea, don't spend much time for it. ;)
Attachments
C_6_Traeger_3.fcstd
(29.56 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Gruß Herbert
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi sliptonic,

again a have a part where i can't gt a path for. It's alike the part before and again basicly i made it with LibreOffice an import via .svg.
As i get always only partial pathes, i rebuild the whole thing with FreeAD and tried to get a path...
But the same thing like before: I got always only partial pathes, no matter which operation i use. So it seams, the problem is not based on the imported .svg as i had thought before...
wh03.jpeg
wh03.jpeg (69.24 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.10893 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: a75a98ef279e9e067abf5cef3a6de6f09fba2c94
Python version: 2.7.6
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0

A other problem i have, if i use the newer FC build: I can't change the tool. If i select my tooltable i can ad new tools and they are there next time i open it, but if i want to change the tool on the toolcontroller.
I think to remember, you wrote somthing about it somewhere, - but i can't find it ...
Attachments
Traeger_mittelteil.fcstd
(253.09 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Gruß Herbert
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

So it is again a bspline. I think the problem is in the function PathUtils.cleanedges, where I am not sure if the kernel operates correctly.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
m0n5t3r

Post by m0n5t3r »

One without b-splines, just good ole straight lines: on the tiles object, face profile will only create a path for a single face (it is also a torture test for the constraint solver, don't try opening the sketch and adding / moving stuff around if you don't want to stare at an unresponsive screen for 15 minutes afterwards...)
Attachments
hexpath.fcstd
(151.92 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
mario.silva.costa

Post by mario.silva.costa »

Hi,

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.11422 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: a4e0d79e6581ce96b376cbd93e37a811f5dd8df2
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0

There's some issues with pocket operation, check the attached file, and image.

I've noticed something strange in the pocket operation. I have several pockets, and used the spiral strategy for the path pocket operation. All pockets seem fine, except for one, that has a strange path inside.

- All of them have 4 mm width, I'm using a tool with 3 mm.
- See the image below
- I'm using freecad-daily version, that is built from the master branch

- Let me know if you need additional information to track whats wrong.

Cheers,
Mario
Attachments
router-sloted-base.fcstd
(41.26 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
pocket-operation-2017-06-22 11-42-25.png
pocket-operation-2017-06-22 11-42-25.png (24.12 KiB) Viewed 1722 times
freman
Veteran

Post by freman »

snip: not relevent.
Last edited by freman on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Luckily this doesn't belong in this thread, it's just a precision issue. And you can even fix it yourself by setting Preferences->Path->"Default Curve Accuracy" e.g. to 1,0000 µm.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.