Renamed 'generic' post processor.

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sliptonic
Veteran

Renamed 'generic' post processor.

Post by sliptonic »

Heads' up. In Pull Request #494 I renamed the generic_post.py post processor.

We already had the 'dumper' post which is as simple as it can get and the 'example' post which is a bit more full featured and intended as just that...an example to learn from so 'generic' seemed redundant. It's also quite specific to the Maho machine and similar controllers. So now it's called MahoM600E_post.py

Does that cause a problem for anyone?
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Renamed 'generic' post processor.

Post by chrisb »

It is not a problem for me. The intention was to have a post processor which can be configured by variables and as an example I have entered the values for the maho 600. I have it on my to do list to make it aware of the arguments coming from the GUI. Since the number of users not using linux-cnc seems to be very limited the needs for such a postprocessor is limited.
The postprocessor is directly usable for all machines with a Philips control it might be better to call it philips_post.py
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
sliptonic
Veteran

Re: Renamed 'generic' post processor.

Post by sliptonic »

done. phillips_post.py it is.