Do Path keyboard shortcuts work?

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mlampert
Veteran

Do Path keyboard shortcuts work?

Post by mlampert »

Today I tried for the very first time to use the keyboard shortcuts. Specifically I tried to create a Contour on a part. The document has a single job, and the Path WB is selected. Yet I can't get it to work. According to this:

http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qkeysequence.ht ... -sequences

pressing the key 'P' and then 'C' should get me a Contour - and I get nothing. Can anybody let me in on the secret to use the keyboard shortcuts, or confirm that they are broken?
herbk
Veteran

Re: Do Path keyboard shortcuts work?

Post by herbk »

Hi Markus,
it seams to be broken (or not implemented...)
Gruß Herbert
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

It seems like the 'P' accelerator is getting eaten by View -> Perspective... when I went to Tools -> Customize, Keyboard tab, and remapped Path Contour to something else (specifically 'T, C') it worked.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
mlampert
Veteran

Post by mlampert »

kkremitzki wrote:It seems like the 'P' accelerator is getting eaten by View -> Perspective... when I went to Tools -> Customize, Keyboard tab, and remapped Path Contour to something else (specifically 'T, C') it worked.
The nerve! Unbelievable!

First off - how did you find that out?
Is there a programmatic way to figure conflicts and such?

I think we need a different start letter, P is probably a favourable candidate for Part Design, Part, Plot, Points and of course Path ...
How about Q (as the "next best thing") or X (don't wanna use Z with querty and quertz being so dominant).
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Probably everything you ever felt you need to know about shortcuts in FreeCAD (and more):

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15638
How about Q...
PieMenu.