Do Path keyboard shortcuts work?

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
mlampert

Do Path keyboard shortcuts work?

Postby mlampert » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:16 am

Today I tried for the very first time to use the keyboard shortcuts. Specifically I tried to create a Contour on a part. The document has a single job, and the Path WB is selected. Yet I can't get it to work. According to this:

http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qkeysequence.ht ... -sequences

pressing the key 'P' and then 'C' should get me a Contour - and I get nothing. Can anybody let me in on the secret to use the keyboard shortcuts, or confirm that they are broken?
herbk

Re: Do Path keyboard shortcuts work?

Postby herbk » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:46 am

Hi Markus,
it seams to be broken (or not implemented...)
Gruß Herbert
kkremitzki

Postby kkremitzki » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:12 am

It seems like the 'P' accelerator is getting eaten by View -> Perspective... when I went to Tools -> Customize, Keyboard tab, and remapped Path Contour to something else (specifically 'T, C') it worked.
mlampert

Postby mlampert » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:25 pm

kkremitzki wrote:It seems like the 'P' accelerator is getting eaten by View -> Perspective... when I went to Tools -> Customize, Keyboard tab, and remapped Path Contour to something else (specifically 'T, C') it worked.

The nerve! Unbelievable!

First off - how did you find that out?
Is there a programmatic way to figure conflicts and such?

I think we need a different start letter, P is probably a favourable candidate for Part Design, Part, Plot, Points and of course Path ...
How about Q (as the "next best thing") or X (don't wanna use Z with querty and quertz being so dominant).
triplus

Postby triplus » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:44 pm

Probably everything you ever felt you need to know about shortcuts in FreeCAD (and more):

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15638

How about Q...

PieMenu.