PathGui: ViewProviderPath visual enhancement #625

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
realthunder
Veteran

Re: PathGui: ViewProviderPath visual enhancement #625

Post by realthunder »

mlampert wrote:yay - can you still verify that the stream operator for doubles doesn't use exponents please
According to cppreference http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/io/ios_base/setf, you need to specifically setf with std::scientific to get the exponents. I used std::fixed (fixed decimal) with a given precision (now defaults to 6), which should be equivalent to std::to_string
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

I really like the improvements to the viewprovider but I'm curious why you switched the path color from green to blue?

This isn't a big deal but all the Path icons use green to show generated paths. The change may cause confusion.

Power users, please weigh in.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

sliptonic wrote:I really like the improvements to the viewprovider but I'm curious why you switched the path color from green to blue?

This isn't a big deal but all the Path icons use green to show generated paths. The change may cause confusion.

Power users, please weigh in.
Really? That must be a mistake. I was trying different color to distinguish it from the selection color. I remembered I settle down with a lighter green than the normal selection color. Then later I changed to Path selection style to bounding box, so no need to play with the Path color any more. I forgot about the color change. Please make a pull request to change it back.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

The funny thing is that, when I saw your latest screen capture with the blue path, I thought maybe you changed it to distinguish it with selection :lol:
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

Ah, I saw the mistake in the code. I'll make a pull request and change it back.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

sliptonic wrote:I'm curious why you switched the path color from green to blue?
Color restored, and it's been merged to the master.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I had thought it was to distinguish different versions at a glance :) .
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.