Module CAM is Dead ?

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
gdo35

Re: Module CAM is Dead ?

Post by gdo35 »

aj5robinson wrote:These are both minor changes so you are probably safe to copy the Cam2 directory. However, having said that, if you do decide to help out with the codebase then its probably easiest if you download the full source-tree from our repo to make merging back in easier. Luke merges the main freecad repo into this one from time to time so it should stay fairly up-to-date.
Thanks, I do not know if I will be able to help, development is not the problem but machining is. ^^
So I just want to be sure to not miss config files or something else outside Cam2 directory.
No I will study all that hot stuff to see what i could do. ;)

Thanks.
Gilles
elrippo

Re: Module CAM is Dead ?

Post by elrippo »

Hy :D

I can´t help you with coding, but i can help you with machining and feedback if you need that?
My proffession is technician for maschine tools whith 13 years practical
experience in milling and turning with multiaxis tool machines.
My Friend´ s proffession is toolmaker with 10 yeras practical experience in milling and turning on multiaxis tool machines.
We built a 3-Axis CNC-mill, which is currently using Mach3, soon LinuxCNC with raw G-Codes postproccessed by HeeksCNC and PyCAM.

Let me know if we can offer our duties.

Kind regards,
Bernhard.