Pull Requests forum clean-up

Post here if you have re-based and finalised code to integrate into master, which was discussed, agreed to and tested in other forums. You can also submit your PR directly on github.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Pull Requests forum clean-up

Post by NormandC »

As you can see and on shoogen's request, I created an Archived Pull Requests sub-forum.

I cleaned up the forum and only kept the pull requests that had not been processed, or had been postponed. The remaining ones fit in a single page which will make them easier to manage.

Please have a look at the topics without tags, as I'm unsure of their status. I bumped a few of them.

Thanks!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Pull Requests forum clean-up

Post by NormandC »

I just had a thought: instead of a single "Archived Pull Requests" sub-forum, would it be better to have many?
  • Merged
  • Postponed
  • Abandoned/Rejected
:?:

That way the postponed pull requests would not be in the main Pull requests forum. We could even stop adding tags to the topic titles.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Hmm it's a very good idea actually... Moving a topic to another forum is even simpler than editing the title...
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Thanks for your reply, Yorik. Since you're the only one who bothered to, I guess I will leave it at that. It's not like I have any use for this forum.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

normandc wrote:Thanks for your reply, Yorik. Since you're the only one who bothered to, I guess I will leave it at that. It's not like I have any use for this forum.
If you want the newbie's point of view. I agree with Yorik. For me it would be much more clear...
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Thanks Abdullah. So that makes two votes for having more subforums to sort the pull requests.
tanderson69
Veteran

Post by tanderson69 »

I like it.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

tanderson69 wrote:I like it.
Do you mean the way Norm has currently set it up.....or do you want more sub forums?
normandc wrote:I just had a thought: instead of a single "Archived Pull Requests" sub-forum, would it be better to have many?
  • Merged
  • Postponed
  • Abandoned/Rejected
:?:

That way the postponed pull requests would not be in the main Pull requests forum. We could even stop adding tags to the topic titles.