FindNETGEN rework

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

wmayer
Founder

Re: FindNETGEN rework

Post by wmayer »

You can or you can't?
johan

Post by johan »

Hi there

I just got started with FreeCAD, but I am having some trouble with FindNETGEN on Fedora 23 and getting Netgen to build

As mentioned previously in this post, Fedora names the libraries "ngmesh", "ngocc" and "nginterface" and it seems to use slightly different locations for the header files. I have a temp solution that seems to work (I got freecad compiled with netgen), but I am not sure about the compatibility with other systems. Here goes:

1. In FindNETGEN.cmake, I extend FIND_PATH for nglib.h to also search /usr/include/netgen-mesher
2. Extend FIND_LIBRARY to search both "mesh" and "ngmesh" (similarly for occ and interface)

3. Fedora places NETGENDATA in /usr/include/netgen-mesher/private and not in /usr/share/netgen/libsrc. As I do not know of an elegant way to treat this I use the following cmake command

Code: Select all

cmake -DBUILD_FEM_NETGEN=1 -DNETGENDATA="/usr/include/netgen-mesher/private" ../freecad 
Or is there perhaps an easier way to get NETGEN working in Fedora which I missed?
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

No, I don't think so. The problem keeps coming back [1], so sooner or later it will be solved, but it has to work on 3 systems + multiple distros, so it's not easy to do it right.

[1] viewtopic.php?t=11713