test request, new constraints, including contact and thermomechanical analysis

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

easyw-fc
Veteran

Re: test request, new constraints, including contact and thermomechanical analysis

Post by easyw-fc »

HSig wrote: Hi Maurice, just made a simple screencast-tutorial, thermal deflection of a L-beam.

You find it here: https://youtu.be/Fy9VZuLm9FI
thanks a lot!!!
Very helpful :D
bernd
Veteran

Re: test request, new constraints, including contact and thermomechanical analysis

Post by bernd »

HSig wrote:Hi Maurice, just made a simple screencast-tutorial, thermal deflection of a L-beam.
You find it here: https://youtu.be/Fy9VZuLm9FI
Hi HSig and welcome to FreeCAD forum. Great to see user count off FEM wb growing! Thanks for sharing the video!

bernd
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

@hsig:
If you activate refine after booleans in FreeCAD prefs, you get rid off the small fusion faces.
makkemal

Post by makkemal »

Hi all sorry for the delayed response the weekend got a bit hectic.
The multiple material model results seems realistic. (Thanks for the fix Bernd)
simple_chip.png
simple_chip.png (262.82 KiB) Viewed 2681 times
Thanks for the demo HSIG, seem thermal analysis has more applications than I thought
Attachments
simplechip_05_multiple_mat.fcstd
(667.17 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

great :)

If you would provide a model with a separation layer, we could try this too. But since we have volume mesh it should not be to thin.
makkemal

Post by makkemal »

I clearly don't get the concept of how the meshing of compound/fusion is supposed to work.
I simply cannot get the following model to created a tied mesh across all three bodies, it works for two bodies but never all three ?
Attachments
simple_chip.fcstd
(77.17 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
makkemal

Post by makkemal »

Ok so i got the thermal layer working compound/Fusion checking
thermal.png
thermal.png (162.02 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
Chip is hot, low coduction between the chip and the board and them convection from the board to air.
Attachments
simple_chip.fcstd
(550.06 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Last edited by makkemal on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
makkemal

Post by makkemal »

In current master force and pressure loads are not included when selecting Thermo-mechanical analysis.
If Applied they should be included in the input deck. Everthing that is used in static can be used in Thermo-mechanical
Attachments
forrce_test.fcstd
(8.92 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

makkemal wrote:In current master force and pressure loads are not included when selecting Thermo-mechanical analysis.
If Applied they should be included in the input deck. Everthing that is used in static can be used in Thermo-mechanical
You are right ... https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... cx.py#L106 and the following lines. I'll go a for a pull request tonight.
makkemal

Post by makkemal »

You are right ... https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... cx.py#L106 and the following lines. I'll go a for a pull request tonight.
Minor problem which can have some big results problems