VTK Data At Point Implementation

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

bernd
Veteran

Re: VTK Data At Point Implementation

Post by bernd »

Nduduzo wrote:
bernd wrote:The color point is so small, the point can not be found somehow. Do I miss something. How can the colored point I have selected to get results from made visible for my poor eyes ?!
The aim for DataAtPoint is not to display color point, reason why color point displays is that i used one and the same implementation like other filters does. For DataAtPoint you select a point anywhere in an object and small color point displays then the value for that point you selected will be printed in a Console with its Unit.
But if the file is saved and reloaded one should visual see where the point is. Some circle or marker to see where the point is would be great.

bernd
Nduduzo

Post by Nduduzo »

[/quote] But if the file is saved and reloaded one should visual see where the point is. Some circle or marker to see where the point is would be great.

bernd[/quote]

Thanks for the feed back Bernd . I will work on that :) .

Regards
Nduduzo
makkemal

Post by makkemal »

Ndudozu

I agree with Bernd colour pointer is too small if you are going to share picture in report etc it is not use able as it is now.
Knowing were max or min values will be useful before selecting the point.
Nduduzo

Post by Nduduzo »

bernd wrote:
Nduduzo wrote:
bernd wrote:
But if the file is saved and reloaded one should visual see where the point is. Some circle or marker to see where the point is would be great.

bernd
Bernd I've added circle marker to see where the point is because color pointer is too small.
This DataAtPoint works the same as Probe Location the one from the ParaView i'm trying to find a way to first see where is the min and max because currently to see where is the min and max , you need to select the PipeLine and choose the field you prefer to use.

Branch below:
https://github.com/stoflap/FreeCAD/tree/DataAtPoint

Regards
Nduduzo
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Nduduzo wrote:Bernd I've added circle marker to see where the point is because color pointer is too small.
This DataAtPoint works the same as Probe Location the one from the ParaView i'm trying to find a way to first see where is the min and max because currently to see where is the min and max , you need to select the PipeLine and choose the field you prefer to use.
Branch below:
I gave it a try ...

Looks much better to me. Very useful if one would like to know the results at a specific point. Two small remarks:
- if another point for result plot is selected, the introduced marker is not deleted at the old point.
- if the result typ is changed there is no new line in report view output. see red letters in screen ...

An small idea:
- if the result would be addionally printed in an popup window with an ok-button no user would need to search for the result plot, if he has not activated the report view.

bernd
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (184 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
makkemal

Post by makkemal »

Much better but I would still like to see max and min in model to compare the selected point too
Nduduzo

Post by Nduduzo »

bernd wrote:
I gave it a try ...

Looks much better to me. Very useful if one would like to know the results at a specific point. Two small remarks:
- if another point for result plot is selected, the introduced marker is not deleted at the old point.
- if the result typ is changed there is no new line in report view output. see red letters in screen ...

An small idea:
- if the result would be addionally printed in an popup window with an ok-button no user would need to search for the result plot, if he has not activated the report view.

bernd[/quote]
DataAtPoint.PNG
DataAtPoint.PNG (402.76 KiB) Viewed 1827 times
I have fixed some of remarks and Popup Window with an ok-button is added.

branch below:

regards
Nduduzo
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Nduduzo wrote: I have fixed some of remarks and Popup Window with an ok-button is added.
I really like the marker, because one can see where the point is. Two small issues ...

- the marker is not saved to the document, or not loaded from the document
- if the point for result plot is changed, the marker is not deleted at the old point.

bernd
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

Nduduzo wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:26 pm

branch below:

regards
Nduduzo
Dear Nduduzo,
Is it possible for you to fix the two issues bernd pointed out?
I would love to see your work in master.
BR, Howil
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

HoWil wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:12 am
Nduduzo wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:26 pm

branch below:

regards
Nduduzo
Dear Nduduzo,
Is it possible for you to fix the two issues bernd pointed out?
I would love to see your work in master.
BR, Howil
+1 bernd