[POLL] 0.17 PartDesign toolbar ordered by class

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!

Do you want grouped or mixed modeling tools?

I prefer the tools to be grouped as per the proposal.
82%
I prefer the tools to remain mixed as they currently are.
No votes
I do not mind either choice.
18%
I do not like either choice (and I'll reply with my own suggestion in the topic)
No votes

Total votes: 22
bejant
Veteran

Re: [POLL] 0.17 PartDesign toolbar ordered by class

Post by bejant »

ickby wrote:now who has thought that the freecad community can have such a strong unidirectional opinion :D
...until you want to change the FreeCAD icon / logo (maybe when FreeCAD develops into FreeCAx)...
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Slightly off-topic but yes i agree it was probably the logo challenge that started to turn things around (and AFAIK in the end the logo was changed).
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

ickby wrote:now who has thought that the freecad community can have such a strong unidirectional opinion :D I implemented it in my branch, but took the freedom to add the primitives at the end of the list additive and subtractive list. I've done this as otherwise the drop-down arrow breaks the grouping and irritates, with the arrows at the end before the next separator they make the separation even better. This is visually way more pleasing and gives a better fast overview.
Thanks for implementing this ickby!