reassing pad or pocket on complete face

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
HoWil
Veteran

reassing pad or pocket on complete face

Post by HoWil »

In part-desing-next it is possible to pad or pocket complete faces. This is a nice feature :!: but can cause trouble when faces are renamed due to 'topological renaming' because until now it is not possible to reassign the pad/pocket to a new face (after renaming).
Can you please add a selection field into the combo-view -property window?
EDIT:
In the according Task-View is a appropriate 'Face'-selection-field but it is grayed out. Is it possible to activate it?

Thanks in advance,
HoWil
HoWil
Veteran

Re: reassing pad or pocket on complete face

Post by HoWil »

I ask for changing the assigned face of a pad/pocket operation as described over here... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15432&p=123754#p123754 . The menu entry is already in the Task-view but is deactivated.

Since nobody is answering I have also to ask....Is this the wrong place to ask for such enhancement?? Are any details missing or is it only of no interest/time?
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

It is the right place and the proposed enhancement ist a good one. But currently only very few people are.working in the partdesign stuff next to me so things Go forward slow and such requests May stays unanswerd due to the more Pressing needs of pd Work.
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

thx for explanation and for your great work. Will stay tuned. ;)
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

Issued a feature request: issue #3115