Starting parts

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
obijuan

Re: Starting parts

Post by obijuan »

Wow!!!!

Thanks you very much yorik and normandc! :-)
r-frank
Veteran

Post by r-frank »

Hello guys.

AFAIK the only mentioning of your Library is here in this thread, right ?
So I added it in the wiki as "FreeCAD Library".

Then I realised that A LOT MORE PROJECTS are also missing in the list and i added them all.
Hopefully this list will grow.

Thanks for your work on the Library.

Roland
Deutsche FreeCAD Tutorials auf Youtube
My GrabCAD FreeCAD-Projects
FreeCAD lessons for beginners in english

Native german speaker - so apologies for my english, no offense intended :)
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

r-frank wrote:AFAIK the only mentioning of your Library is here in this thread, right ?
Also here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5593
And a couple topics link to it.

It was also mentioned in Release notes 014.
r-frank wrote:So I added it in the wiki as "FreeCAD Library".
Good idea.
r-frank wrote:Hopefully this list will grow.
I'm sure it will! :)
MrFreez

Post by MrFreez »

Hi !

Congratulation for your job ! It's a good beginning!
I'm a new user of FreeCAD (I try it 3 years ago but it was too young to work with) since november 2014. In real life, I'm a mechanical engineer. I use NX, Pro Engineer and SolidWorks in my job but for my personal projects i decided to work with totally open software and to release my job.
So, i would like to add mechanical and electrical components in FreeCAD Library.

I think that i success yesterday to use git for the first time and to commit my first part.
I hope that there will be many others in the future.

ps : Speak and write english isn't my first quality ... sorry :)
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

Hello MrFreez,

nice to hear from your contribution! I just want to give you a link to bolts: http://www.bolts-library.org/de/index.html For special parts the part library is very well suited, but if you are interested in adding standarized parts like screws or whatever this may be the better place. It will be included in freecad in one of the next releses and already works as nice addon.
MrFreez

Post by MrFreez »

Thanks, Bolts is a very interesting library for standards mechanical components. But i'm not good enough with FreeCAD to contribute to Bolts right now.

Otherwise, I would subdivided one directory of the "FreeCAD library" to do the difference between 2 type of headers (in electrical parts).
One directory for headers with 2.54mm pitch and an other directory for headers with 2mm pitch (I need these headers to create a model of cubieboard 2).

Can I do this in my fork on GitHub and submit the changes or do I need permission of somebody to modify the directories structure ?
vikingsraven

Post by vikingsraven »

Hi,
id like to be able to add some models to the repositary.
Im a design engineer, working with solidworks. But at home using freecad on both windows and ubuntu. I can see this program becoming very very useful.
My main fields are robotics and hydraulic/ pneumatics. I also have electronics projects that i work on.
Maybe a link to the repository in the help section of freecad, would make it more useful.
Any hope i can be of help.
clintonsam75

Post by clintonsam75 »

I just came across this thread and since it's really, really long, I'm not going to read through it. I just want to say that for any kind of repository to be actually useful to most people that it must be integrated with the software. This is the type of thing I had in mind when I first asked about a library of parts back when I first signed up here at the forum https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SanPyZhLq6w. This is actually useful and intuitive from a user's perspective.
fran6t

Post by fran6t »

Hello, i've modelised 3d hotend for a project and i would share in your github.
The part initial is from http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/E3D-v6_Documentation but i have simplified because it's just for
an assembly of parts needed.
I've made a pull request from my github to yorik depository, i hope this part is ok and category
My username on github is fran6t

Sorry for my very poor english
hotend.jpg
hotend.jpg (20.28 KiB) Viewed 7448 times
pinguindark

Post by pinguindark »

hi, I'm working in other version of GT2 pulley and I want write access to the repository to share.

github username https://github.com/pinguindark

I have redy the commit :D

Thank