Test Request: Part Design Workflow

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ickby
Veteran

Re: Test Request: Part Design Workflow

Post by ickby »

Ok I updated the branch with the fixes named by werner. As I dont have windows it would be nice if you could try to compile and see if there are more errors popping up.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Thanks ickby and wmayer! Compiles with VS2013.
With Part Design as default WB I get the following selftest errors
st2.PNG
st2.PNG (32.21 KiB) Viewed 2804 times
st1.PNG
st1.PNG (26.92 KiB) Viewed 2804 times
I can't get to a cut and paste for these windows like wmayer added to FEM. I thought it should be universal.
Also if Start WB is a default, changing directly to TestFramework WB and running self tests results in a hard crash on win. It happens when the start wb is visible in the tests . I think this is related to master viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14735
@ickby Do you want win builds for testing at this time?
Also if Start WB is a default, changing directly to TestFramework WB and running self tests results in a hard crash on win. It happens when the start wb is visible in the tests . I think this is related to master viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14735
w/ A new user.cfg and system.cfg the crash is gone.
"fight the good fight"
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

I can't get to a cut and paste for these windows like wmayer added to FEM. I thought it should be universal.
It's not added to FEM, it's added to the the UnitTest dialog. However, this branch doesn't seem to include all the latest features from master.

I think you can ignore the Draft errors.
Then you can do a debug build on Windows and look where in the code FreeCAD crashes.
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

good hint, I should look into the unit tests. I can reproduce the crashs.
No, I know enough things I like to work on in this branch before we start a test round (or maybe omit the test and just merge and do debuging in master, that is to be discussed)

but thanks for testing hte build, always helpful to have a windows user compile the code!
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

However, this branch doesn't seem to include all the latest features from master.
Actually it should, I rebased it a few days ago. Hm maybe something was lost in rebasing, I will try to look up if the relevant change has made it into the rebaseBranch.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

OK, the code is there: https://github.com/blobfish/FreeCAD_sf_ ... 9fc27ef828
@sgrogan, at the bottom of the dialog there should be a button "Show details" (or similar) which when clicking on it opens a text edit at the bottom. From there you can copy the content. Is this possible with your build? Otherwise, search for

Code: Select all

UnitTestDialog::on_treeViewFailure_itemDoubleClicked
in the source code and post here its implementation.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

wmayer wrote:@sgrogan, at the bottom of the dialog there should be a button "Show details" (or similar) which when clicking on it opens a text edit at the bottom. From there you can copy the content. Is this possible with your build?
Yes, it's there, any more obvious and it would have bit me. It works as expected, I guess it's been awhile since I've encountered a self-test failure from the gui. Sorry for the run around on this point.
ickby wrote:I can reproduce the crashs.
Really? I can't reproduce since deleting the .cfg files and letting FreeCAD create new ones. I wish I would have renamed them instead of deleting. I did build this branch on a 2nd computer (all the same environment just different existing .cfg files) and I can't reproduce there either.
Anyway thanks to both of you for the help. It's been a while since I've tried this branch so I will mention that the auto WB switching between Sketcher and PartDesign is nice!
"fight the good fight"
CharlieMAC

Post by CharlieMAC »

Hi!

I want to try this branch out, but it doesn't compile on my system. I'd put the error messages here, but there are too many. I can tell though, that when the compilation stops, the error is:

Linking CXX shared library ../../../../Mod/Spreadsheet/Spreadsheet.so
[ 50%] Built target Spreadsheet
Makefile:117: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
THe thing is if I try to compile it again, the process continues and stops somewhere else. For example:

Linking CXX shared library ../../../../Mod/Points/PointsGui.so
[ 54%] Built target PointsGui
Makefile:117: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
But it probably skips a bunch of things...
I find no logfile so you guys can see what's going on. In the meantime, here is my system info:

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.16.6662 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: d43443a832f8c274f5171553b417740208e1a967
Python version: 2.7.9
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17

Best,

Ch.
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

Hello,

I suppose you use multiple jobs for compiling (make -j option). In this case if one job fails the others go on and the real error message is further up in the log. Either try to compile with a single job (make or make -j1) or search the complete log for the error message. Hopefully we can help you compiling when the source of the problem is known.
CharlieMAC

Post by CharlieMAC »

I still don't find logfiles from Make, but the error originates at coin_wrap.cpp.o:

[  1%] Building CXX object src/3rdParty/Pivy-0.5/CMakeFiles/coin.dir/coin_wrap.cpp.o
In file included from /home/charlie/FreeCAD_sf_master/FreeCAD_sf_master/src/3rdParty/Pivy-0.5/coin_header_includes.h:145:0,
                 from /home/charlie/FreeCAD_sf_master/FreeCAD_sf_master/src/3rdParty/Pivy-0.5/coin_wrap.cpp:3930:
/usr/include/Inventor/elements/SoGLTexture3EnabledElement.h:36:2: error: #error Deprecated: use SoMultiTextureEnabledElement instead
 #error Deprecated: use SoMultiTextureEnabledElement instead
  ^
In file included from /home/charlie/FreeCAD_sf_master/FreeCAD_sf_master/src/3rdParty/Pivy-0.5/coin_header_includes.h:190:0,
                 from /home/charlie/FreeCAD_sf_master/FreeCAD_sf_master/src/3rdParty/Pivy-0.5/coin_wrap.cpp:3930:
/usr/include/Inventor/elements/SoTexture3EnabledElement.h:36:2: error: #error Deprecated: use SoMultiTextureEnabledElement instead
 #error Deprecated: use SoMultiTextureEnabledElement instead

Where can I find a log file?

Best,

C.