Test Request: Part Design Workflow

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Re: Test Request: Part Design Workflow

Post by DeepSOIC »

I'm starting to think that this panel bug might be not rebase-related...
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

Unfortunately, it is rebase-related. Continuing to bisect...

The primary suspect now is the commit https://github.com/DeepSOIC/FreeCAD-ell ... 8a1a016b45
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

Suspect verified.
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

good work, this must have been the mot annoying bisect ever!
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

This was my first bisect ever :ugeek:
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

DeepSOIC wrote:
triplus wrote:Part WB is affected by the same issues (topology) as PartDesign WB.
I don't understand, what exact problem are you referring to. Is it the link instability problem, which is supposed to be solved by topological naming?
Topology and everything else you mentioned for PartDesign is basically true for Part WB. And ATM PartDesign WB in most use cases is better choice to design parts. Saying current PartDesign WB doesn't work good for the part design purposes but Part WB does basically makes little sense. And i doubt you don't use PartDesign WB to create parts. Parts you later use in Part WB. Unless you basically took the tools from PartDesign workflow and adopted (use) them in Part WB. If you did that you basically turned Part WB in PartDesign WB that does operations on and between parts too. ;)

Will Body containers in PartDesign WB NEXT erase the conceptual difference any further? I am not yet sure as i will have to use it more to make further conclusions. Anyway this is off topic but i do believe making general conclusion and saying current Part WB is better in designing parts compared to PartDesign WB makes little sense.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

Thanks to Fat-Zer efforts, the branch rebases to master without conflicts so far. I rebased it today, it was a breeze: AMM-oldWokrflow6-rebaseMaster
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

There is no random color functionality in right click context menu anymore.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

DeepSOIC wrote:Thanks to Fat-Zer efforts, the branch rebases to master without conflicts so far. I rebased it today, it was a breeze: AMM-oldWokrflow6-rebaseMaster
Thanks DeepSoic, I'd lost track of which branch to follow ;)
Some win builds:PartDesignNext_win
Sorry for the delay, you got me with "oldWokrflow" :lol:
"fight the good fight"
cox

Post by cox »

I am trying to test this, but I find myself in build problems.

Please feel free to move this to the "Install / Compile" if not appropriate here

Running this on updated Arch. With Boost 1.58.0

Normaly when building branches other than Master i reuse the AUR:frecad-git PKGBUILD and change the github link to the branch in question. This is not working for me at the moment(guessing having to do with the git name of the repo FreeCAD-ellipse compared to normal freecad) so I am now trying to build this branch the normal way.

Building out of tree with:

Code: Select all

cmake ../FreeCAD-ellipse/ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH="/usr/lib/freecad" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_DOCDIR:PATH="/usr/share/freecad/doc" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_DATADIR:PATH="/usr/share/freecad" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR:PATH="lib/" -DOCC_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/opt/opencascade/inc/ -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/python2 -DPYSIDEUIC4BINARY:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/python2-pyside-uic -DFREECAD_USE_EXTERNAL_PIVY:BOOL=ON
Output of cmake

-- prefix: /usr/lib/freecad
-- datadir: /usr/share/freecad
-- docdir: /usr/share/freecad/doc
-- includedir: include
-- libdir: /usr/lib/freecad/lib
-- Boost version: 1.58.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   filesystem
--   program_options
--   regex
--   signals
--   system
--   thread
-- Found Xerces-C: /usr/lib64/libxerces-c.so
-- PyCXX found:
--   Headers:  /home/kjetil/src/tt/FreeCAD-ellipse/src
--   Sources:  /home/kjetil/src/tt/FreeCAD-ellipse/src/CXX
-- Check for OCC version >= 0x060703
-- Performing Test OCC_MIN_VERSION
-- Performing Test OCC_MIN_VERSION - Success
-- OpenCASCADE include directory: 
-- OpenCASCADE shared libraries directory: 
-- checking for module 'openni-dev'
--   package 'openni-dev' not found
-- Could NOT find openni (missing:  OPENNI_INCLUDE_DIRS) 
-- checking for module 'openni2-dev'
--   package 'openni2-dev' not found
-- Found OpenNI2: /usr/lib64/libOpenNI2.so  
-- libshiboken built for Release
-- matplotlib-1.4.3 has been found.
-- Platform is 64-bit, set -D_OCC64
-- Build type: 
git
/home/kjetil/src/tt/fcbuild/src/Build/Version.h written
-- Coin3D doc is installed
--   Tag file: /usr/share/doc/coin/html/coin.tag
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/kjetil/src/tt/fcbuild
As you can see here the Boost libraries are found.

Output when make fails:

[ 37%] Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so
[ 38%] Built target FreeCADGui
Scanning dependencies of target FreeCADGuiPy
[ 38%] Building CXX object src/Main/CMakeFiles/FreeCADGuiPy.dir/FreeCADGuiPy.cpp.o
[ 38%] Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/FreeCADGui.so
[ 38%] Built target FreeCADGuiPy
Scanning dependencies of target FreeCADMain
[ 38%] Building CXX object src/Main/CMakeFiles/FreeCADMain.dir/MainGui.cpp.o
[ 38%] Linking CXX executable ../../bin/FreeCAD
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description::m_default_line_length'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::set_positional_options(boost::program_options::positional_options_description const&)'
../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::detail::signal_base::~signal_base()'
../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::connection::~connection()'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::program_options::error_with_option_name'
../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::detail::call_notification::~call_notification()'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::what() const'
../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::detail::signal_base::signal_base(boost::function2<bool, boost::signals::detail::stored_group, boost::signals::detail::stored_group> const&, boost::any const&)'
../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::connection::disconnect() const'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `vtable for boost::program_options::variables_map'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::cmdline(std::vector<std::string, std::allocator<std::string> > const&)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::set_additional_parser(boost::function1<std::pair<std::string, std::string>, std::string const&>)'
../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::detail::call_notification::call_notification(boost::shared_ptr<boost::signals::detail::signal_base_impl> const&)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `vtable for boost::program_options::value_semantic_codecvt_helper<char>'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::program_options::value_semantic_codecvt_helper<char>'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::validation_error::get_template(boost::program_options::validation_error::kind_t)'
../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::detail::named_slot_map::begin()'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::notify(boost::program_options::variables_map&)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description_easy_init::operator()(char const*, char const*)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description_easy_init::operator()(char const*, boost::program_options::value_semantic const*, char const*)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::basic_regex<char, boost::regex_traits<char, boost::cpp_regex_traits<char> > >::do_assign(char const*, char const*, unsigned int)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::validators::check_first_occurrence(boost::any const&)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail::perl_matcher<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char const*, std::string>, std::allocator<boost::sub_match<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char const*, std::string> > >, boost::regex_traits<char, boost::cpp_regex_traits<char> > >::find()'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail::perl_matcher<char const*, std::allocator<boost::sub_match<char const*> >, boost::regex_traits<char, boost::cpp_regex_traits<char> > >::match()'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::abstract_variables_map::operator[](std::string const&) const'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::substitute_placeholders(std::string const&) const'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::value_semantic_codecvt_helper<char>::parse(boost::any&, std::vector<std::string, std::allocator<std::string> > const&, bool) const'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `vtable for boost::program_options::error_with_option_name'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::variables_map::variables_map()'
../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::detail::named_slot_map::end()'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::regex_error'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail::perl_matcher<char const*, std::allocator<boost::sub_match<char const*> >, boost::regex_traits<char, boost::cpp_regex_traits<char> > >::construct_init(boost::basic_regex<char, boost::regex_traits<char, boost::cpp_regex_traits<char> > > const&, boost::regex_constants::_match_flags)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::positional_options_description::positional_options_description()'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::invalid_option_value::invalid_option_value(std::string const&)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::positional_options_description::add(char const*, int)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::basic_parsed_options<char> boost::program_options::parse_config_file<char>(std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, boost::program_options::options_description const&, bool)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::operator<<(std::ostream&, boost::program_options::options_description const&)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::get_canonical_option_prefix()'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description::add(boost::program_options::options_description const&)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::arg'
../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::detail::signal_base_impl::connect_slot(boost::any const&, boost::signals::detail::stored_group const&, boost::shared_ptr<boost::signals::detail::slot_base::data_t>, boost::signals::connect_position)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description::options_description(std::string const&, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::set_options_description(boost::program_options::options_description const&)'
../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::detail::slot_base::create_connection()'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail::perl_matcher<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char const*, std::string>, std::allocator<boost::sub_match<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char const*, std::string> > >, boost::regex_traits<char, boost::cpp_regex_traits<char> > >::construct_init(boost::basic_regex<char, boost::regex_traits<char, boost::cpp_regex_traits<char> > > const&, boost::regex_constants::_match_flags)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::validate(boost::any&, std::vector<std::string, std::allocator<std::string> > const&, std::string*, int)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::store(boost::program_options::basic_parsed_options<char> const&, boost::program_options::variables_map&, bool)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::to_internal(std::string const&)'
../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::connection::operator=(boost::signals::connection const&)'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description::add_options()'
../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so: undefined reference to `boost::signals::trackable::~trackable()'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::run()'
../../lib/libFreeCADApp.so: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::error_with_option_name(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&, int)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
src/Main/CMakeFiles/FreeCADMain.dir/build.make:120: recipe for target 'bin/FreeCAD' failed
make[2]: *** [bin/FreeCAD] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:828: recipe for target 'src/Main/CMakeFiles/FreeCADMain.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/Main/CMakeFiles/FreeCADMain.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Only thing I could imagine happening is that some deprecated Boost functions has been removed, and my boost version is to new for FreeCAD at the moment.

Please, if someone could shed some light on this, and put me on the right track. I would be very :D
Need help? Feel free to ask, but please read the guidelines first