DOFS in Assembly mode

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Jee-Bee
Veteran

DOFS in Assembly mode

Post by Jee-Bee »

I Just installed the assembly 2 plugin.
I tried it and i found out that when i add a plane constraints on 2 (circular) surfaces the 2 surfaces are locked/fully constraint with each other.

In my opinion i have at least 3 DOFS to do. 2 directions and 1 rotation. FreeCAD doesn't know where i want place my planes...
Will this change in the the final assembly WB? or is this still the same

I have added my test assy as attachment
Attachments
Test_assy_assembly_2.FCStd
(4.67 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
triplus
Veteran

Re: DOFS in Assembly mode

Post by triplus »

Jee-Bee wrote:I Just installed the assembly 2 plugin.
I tried it and i found out that when i add a plane constraints on 2 (circular) surfaces the 2 surfaces are locked/fully constraint with each other.

In my opinion i have at least 3 DOFS to do. 2 directions and 1 rotation. FreeCAD doesn't know where i want place my planes...
Will this change in the the final assembly WB? or is this still the same

I have added my test assy as attachment
Assembly2 is 3rd Party module and if the forum would have this section this question would belong there. Therefore this isn't the Assembly module in development that will eventually be merged in FreeCAD.

As for your question. If you click on animate degrees of freedom button you can see remaining and expected 3 degrees of freedom are detected and after you can animate them.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

triplus wrote:Assembly2 is 3rd Party module and if the forum would have this section this question would belong there. Therefore this isn't the Assembly module in development that will eventually be merged in FreeCAD.
Sorry Just curious about the difference between the 3th party module and the real one
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Jee-Bee wrote:
triplus wrote:Assembly2 is 3rd Party module and if the forum would have this section this question would belong there. Therefore this isn't the Assembly module in development that will eventually be merged in FreeCAD.
Sorry Just curious about the difference between the 3th party module and the real one
Both are real modules but 3rd Party modules aren't included in FreeCAD code and are developed separately by 3rd Party developers.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Where might I find the 1st party assembly wb?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Roland wrote:Where might I find the 1st party assembly wb?
See here if intersted:viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11662#p93731
But it's not in a working state.
"fight the good fight"