Part Design Roadmap

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Fat-Zer

Re: Part Design Roadmap

Post by Fat-Zer »

Hi, sorry for my absence during last month, the stall is my fault... I hope I'm not too late...

The current state of my branch is the same it was: I just started to port ickby's workarounds bus sucked a bit, and when got some other tasks that consumed almost all my free time... I believe I'll finish it in a couple of days... I will try to came up with some later roadmap after finish this...
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Good to see you back and you are not too late.
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

Hey Fat-Zer

good to hear you are back! I'm not very far working with your branch, so if you are picking up the work again I would appreciate it :)
kcleung

Post by kcleung »

Hey Fat-zer and Ickby,

Which is the "latest branch" we plan to merge with jriegel's master? Is it "AMM-partRework"?
Fat-Zer

Post by Fat-Zer »

I suppose it is so. But the merge will be not likely possible due to it rebased on the master already...
I'm still currently porting the ickby's workarounds to it now (but a bit stucked with it)... After I finish I suppose we could rebase to the recent master and continue to work from that state... I hope we would be able to finish it to the workable state till the new year and merge to the master...
After that we can cherry-pick all recent changes from the jringle's branch (if any) and continue to work on assembly from that state...
jriegel
Founder

Post by jriegel »

Hi Guys,
I would suggest you concentrate on staying in sync with master, I will merge your changes in my assembly-next branch from time to time.

I really appreciate your work on that. Its really important and make the assembly possible (beside its the right way to do Part Design ;9 )
Stop whining - start coding!
Fat-Zer

Post by Fat-Zer »

I've finally merged ickby's workarounds (to be sad they needs lots of more love to be completely workable) and rebased on master (git commit 71be79e): https://github.com/Fat-Zer/FreeCAD_sf_master/tree/AMM2
The rebase was easier when the previous one, but as suspected there were lots of conflicts around PartDesign task dialogs with changes bringed by expressions branch, I haven't checked them well yet, but they will likely need to be reviewed (was gonna to do it anyway)... after this will be finished the rebase may be considered complete and I'll try to think on some further roadmap...
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

I've finally merged ickby's workarounds
nice, I read your comments on github, seemd to be harder than expected. thanks for the effort!
to be sad they needs lots of more love to be completely workable
Yeah, my implemnentation was not perfect at all, and maybe some extra hassles due to the porting... I will have look if at least the general idea works.
The rebase was easier when the previous one, but as suspected there were lots of conflicts around PartDesign task dialogs with changes bringed by expressions branch, I haven't checked them well yet, but they will likely need to be reviewed (was gonna to do it anyway)... after this will be finished the rebase may be considered complete and I'll try to think on some further roadmap...
Again good work! I will test the branch over the weekend and try to give some feedback!
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Are you guys ready for Windows compiler errors? Or not yet?
"fight the good fight"
Fat-Zer

Post by Fat-Zer »

sgrogan wrote:Are you guys ready for Windows compiler errors? Or not yet?
I'm good with fixing build errors on any stage, but I'm not very experienced with MS compilers and windows building process, so I may not be able to guess what the msvc complains about...