Tutorial template

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
piffpoof

Re: Tutorial template

Post by piffpoof »

drei wrote:In your file, the changes cannot be made since it does not have the template included.
(Perhaps we should standardize the appearance of tutorials....)
hi
There is the issue of introducing the Tutorial Template into tutorials that have been translated (which I think is most of them). I am not perfectly sure what the process would be there. What I mean is, I am not sure of the implications on the translated tutorial(s) if the template is introduced into the original tutorial. Would a re-tralation have to be triggered for each language?

And yes, it would be nice to migrate the Template Tutorial into those tutorials which are not using it. Another aspect is the naming of the tutorials - I think there are 3 or 4 tutorials bearing the name "Sketcher Tutorial". Not the most informative offering. I am working on a naming convention to propose in the Wiki forum but want to run a few more tests on it before putting it out.

Dean
drei

Post by drei »

piffpoof wrote:There is the issue of introducing the Tutorial Template into tutorials that have been translated (
If I recall correctly, it displays the last approved version of the translation, since the introduction of this is not approved one of two things will happen:
  1. The translation will not show the template
  2. The template will appear in English
I'm not sure if we can create a template for each language, seems a bit weird. I'm no expert about this, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
piffpoof wrote:Another aspect is the naming of the tutorials - I think there are 3 or 4 tutorials bearing the name "Sketcher Tutorial".
Oops, I'll admit I'm not very creative with names, and it felt like an obvious choice at the moment. The problem is that all of them detail to different degrees how to use the workbench, so we would have to think about how to manage this. Perhaps a voting system?

Also, since we are brainstorming, how about making a list of subjects that are missing?
Similar to a To Do list, just organized by workbench.

And we could change how categorization is done with tutorials, so instead of listing them alphabetically, we group them by workbench and the more complex tutorials (use more than one workbench) can either appear in all of the used categories or a dedicated category.
Need help? Feel free to ask, but please read the guidelines first
piffpoof

Post by piffpoof »

drei wrote:And we could change how categorization is done with tutorials, so instead of listing them alphabetically, we group them by workbench and the more complex tutorials (use more than one workbench) can either appear in all of the used categories or a dedicated category.
Good idea, I had already sent you a PM on this topic. The idea of multiple entries for tutorials spanning multiple workbenches is nice
Joyas

Post by Joyas »

A small suggestion for the CSS template: add a bit of color under the "mw-geshi mw-code mw-content-ltr" class DIV. I mean, the areas with code.
Estudié ingeniería técnica industrial en España y sólo me ha servido para estar en el paro, no me contratan porque no tengo experiencia, y no tengo experiencia porque no me contratan. No debí estudiar esa carrera.