Wiki version no longer supported

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Wiki version no longer supported

Post by kkremitzki »

I'm testing a "staging" setup for the freecadweb.org infrastructure at freecad.kwkengineering.com. While testing the freecad skin with Mediawiki 1.28, I got an error:

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: /var/www/wiki/skins/freecad/skin.json does not exist!
I researched the problem and found the current version deployed, MediaWiki 1.26 is "a legacy version ... that is no longer supported." The way extension registration works (and the way the freecad skin is set up) is deprecated as of 1.25 and it looks like it's fully removed in the current version of MediaWiki.

The above error occurs when I try to load the skin with wfLoadSkin( 'freecad' );. When I try to load the skin the old-fashioned way, require_once "$IP/skins/freecad/freecad.php";, the page loads with a garbled layout and this error in the JavaScript console:

Code: Select all

Uncaught Error: Unknown dependency: jquery ...
Researching that, I found that "MW 1.25 removes 'jquery' as a valid ResourceLoader dependency. The fix is to remove 'jquery' as a dependency in the ... resource definitions."

So, I just wanted to make a thread to talk about the work that's going to need to be done (eventually) to update the MediaWiki installation and get a staging environment set up for further MediaWiki-oriented testing. If anyone has any experience with this, feel free to chime in!
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
yorik
Founder

Re: Wiki version no longer supported

Post by yorik »

Hm that will be a problem... Maybe there is a way to manually add the jquery version we have on the website...