Missing Wiki Images

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NinoLM

Missing Wiki Images

Post by NinoLM »

Hi everyone!
I'm a new FreeCAD user, and it's the first time I use a CAD program. I'm following the tutorials on this site, but I need a Wiki account in order to see some images in the PartDesign Workbench tutorial. I'm not interested (at least non in this moment) in editing the Wiki section.
How can I access those images?
Thank you in advance.
Nino
NormandC
Veteran

Re: How to get wiki editing permissions

Post by NormandC »

Hello Nino,

Welcome here. Are you talking about the PartDesign tutorial? It's not asking for permission to view the images, it's asking you to upload them because they are missing.

I don't have time ATM to verify if the images were uploaded to a different name, will try later.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Missing Wiki Images

Post by Kunda1 »

Seems like
[[Image:PartDesign_tutorial_result.png|480px]]
and
[[Image:PartDesign_revolution_exercise.png|480px]]
are missing
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Did this file ever exist? I don't see it in my backup, only cached references to it not existing (i.e. an upload prompt for the file).
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
r-frank
Veteran

Post by r-frank »

kkremitzki wrote:Did this file ever exist? I don't see it in my backup, only cached references to it not existing (i.e. an upload prompt for the file).
I think user "drei" started creating some tutorials but never found time to finish them, so i guess those pictures still
need to be made and uploaded ...

Roland
Deutsche FreeCAD Tutorials auf Youtube
My GrabCAD FreeCAD-Projects
FreeCAD lessons for beginners in english

Native german speaker - so apologies for my english, no offense intended :)
drei

Post by drei »

r-frank wrote:I think user "drei" started creating some tutorials but never found time to finish them, so i guess those pictures still
need to be made and uploaded
:oops:
It's been a while since I wrote that tutorial, I guess I forgot to upload the images for the Revolution tool. I'll get to it right away. The idea was to have a coherent set of beginner tutorials for most workbenches, and finish with a functional piece. Real life got in the way, so I had to stop doing it.

Please note that each subsection was designed to show a different example. I'll do my best to explain this properly in the initial paragraph.

Regards,
Isaac

EDIT
I've updated the tutorial with the missing information. Feel free to reply or PM me if there are any doubts regarding the tutorial.
Need help? Feel free to ask, but please read the guidelines first
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Thanks Isaac! Better late than never, or as we say in FreeCAD lingo: "it's done when it's done" :D
drei

Post by drei »

NormandC wrote:Thanks Isaac! Better late than never, or as we say in FreeCAD lingo: "it's done when it's done" :D
Couldn't have said it better. Another step closer for FreeCAD World Domination!!

Also, a quick update on this tutorial: I moved the External Geometry explanation in the Sketcher tutorial to the PartDesign tutorial based on this thread. Looking back on both tutorials it does make more sense to explain the tool in this tutorial, considering they are meant to be read sequentially.
Need help? Feel free to ask, but please read the guidelines first
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Can an admin mark this thread SOLVED ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs