How to get wiki editing permissions

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: How to get wiki editing permissions

Post by jmaustpc »

Guiffrida9584 wrote:HI,

I would like to get wiki editing permissions. I am an experienced CAD/CAE user at my job (Catia, Solidworks, NX, Femap and Patran/Nastran). I work in the structural analysis engineering field. I have started my own company but can afford the very expensive software I am used to. I have been using FreeCAD for a couple days now and love it. I would like to get more involved in development and ask questions about current features. Thanks for your effort in creating this wonderful FREE software.

Sam
Done, :)
Yan

Post by Yan »

Hi,
i would like to get wiki editing permission. I'm new so I need to have at least one post to write PM for wiki permission, that it the reason why I'm doing it this way.

I had an issue with finding "draft preferences" in "edit -> preferences", it took me quite a while till i found that I need to switch to apropiate workbench so I want to save somebody time with finding it. Maybe I will find other things to fix in near future, so I would like to have permission not to bother anybody with those small fixes.

I started with 3D 10 years ago, 3 years ago i switched from 3DsMax to Blender but nowadays I'm preparing models for 3D print most of the time and FreeCAD looks like very promising improvement in this case (more parametric approach), as I'm doing it only as a free-time I'm not very experienced. I would like to give a small piece back to community.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Yan wrote:Hi,
i would like to get wiki editing permission. I'm new so I need to have at least one post to write PM for wiki permission, that it the reason why I'm doing it this way.

I had an issue with finding "draft preferences" in "edit -> preferences", it took me quite a while till i found that I need to switch to apropiate workbench so I want to save somebody time with finding it. Maybe I will find other things to fix in near future, so I would like to have permission not to bother anybody with those small fixes.

I started with 3D 10 years ago, 3 years ago i switched from 3DsMax to Blender but nowadays I'm preparing models for 3D print most of the time and FreeCAD looks like very promising improvement in this case (more parametric approach), as I'm doing it only as a free-time I'm not very experienced. I would like to give a small piece back to community.
Hi and welcome
I have created your new wiki user name. You have edit and translation rights for the wiki now. You should have received your temporary password by email. Your login is the same except the first letter is capitalised.

Jim
Eugen Mäder

Post by Eugen Mäder »

Hi all,

I would like to get wiki editing permission. I'm new so I need to have at least one post to write PM requesting wiki editing permission. That is the reason for this post.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Eugen Mäder wrote:Hi all,

I would like to get wiki editing permission. I'm new so I need to have at least one post to write PM requesting wiki editing permission. That is the reason for this post.
Hi and welcome.

I am on my phone, I will fix this up for you in a few hours if no one else has done so. Feel free to remind me if I forget! :)
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Eugen Mäder wrote:Hi all,

I have set up an account for you and given you edit and translator permissions, I am assuming from your name that you can speak a non-English language.

Feel free to create a topic in the wiki forum to ask about any changes that you want to make if you are not sure about something or you want to confirm something.
CedSha

Post by CedSha »

First post to require editing...
Tks
r-frank
Veteran

Post by r-frank »

CedSha wrote:First post to require editing...
Tks
Hello.

I guess you have also supplied a valid e-mail-address via pm to one of the moderators for the login-data to be sent ?
Also if you don't say otherwise, your account will be set up as "CedSha".

Roland
Deutsche FreeCAD Tutorials auf Youtube
My GrabCAD FreeCAD-Projects
FreeCAD lessons for beginners in english

Native german speaker - so apologies for my english, no offense intended :)
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

CedSha wrote:First post to require editing...
Done! You should receive a confirmation email from the wiki.
Bravikov

Post by Bravikov »

Hello. It's my first post. I'd like to help FreeCAD.