Pie Menu

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
easyw-fc
Veteran

Re: Pie Menu

Post by easyw-fc »

triplus wrote:PieMenu (v2.0) development plan:
may could be useful to force place Pie Menu in an area in which all the Pie would be fully visible (i.e. if your mouse would be in a lateral area, force Pie Menu to be slightly moved to be fully displayed)
menu-outside.png
menu-outside.png (96.59 KiB) Viewed 2770 times
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

easyw-fc wrote:
may could be useful to force place Pie Menu in an area in which all the Pie would be fully visible (i.e. if your mouse would be in a lateral area, force Pie Menu to be slightly moved to be fully displayed)
menu-outside.png
Although new suggestions are welcomed i won't put any serious thought in them for now. As for your suggestion in PieMenu (v2.0) development plan there is:
  • Proximity hover trigger mode
Feature planed. This could be used by i guess more experienced PieMenu user to overcome tool button selection issues related to such use case. Therefore always moving PieMenu and with it mouse cursor inside main window boundary area isn't planed feature for now.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

easyw-fc wrote:
menu-outside.png
I agree, actually Blender does this way
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Could be but as far as i am concerned the feature is not planned for PieMenu v2.0. ;)
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

triplus wrote:Could be but as far as i am concerned the feature is not planned for PieMenu v2.0. ;)
Of course, I don't want to tell you when or what you should develop, it's just an user suggestion from the previous experience I got using Blender... If you feel like it's important enough add it to your list and plan it for 2.1, 3.0 or whenever you want... Or if you think your PieMenu doesn't ever need this feature it is ok to us (surely it would include other great ones).
Any of us should tell you when you must do anything ;)
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

The thing is no evaluation, decisions, lists and work done beyond PieMenu (v2.0) development plan from my side is planned for now. Therefore i guess if anybody wants to make suggestions or do some work look no further than PieMenu (v2.0) development plan for now. That is the current scope and the current focus.
efyx

Post by efyx »

@triplus is this project still alives, I looked into git piemenu and no update from long time. Very usefull tool.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

efyx wrote:@triplus is this project still alives, I looked into git piemenu and no update from long time. Very usefull tool.
Hi @efyx and thanks for expressing the interest. Yes the project is still active and this are planed features for the next release:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10892&start=160#p132866

The goal for first release was to provide something FreeCAD users can actually start using in production environment and i feel that goal was achieved. Therefore priority shifted a bit on other FreeCAD related projects i am involved in. Current focus in on making first release of ShortCuts. After i will likely try to achieve first release of IconThemes. Once that is done i guess anything shortcut related from the PieMenu list/plan will get implemented in PieMenu.
efyx

Post by efyx »

triplus wrote:Yes the project is still active and this are planed features for the next release
Thank you for update. The main problem of freecad is old modish navigation style which makes designing slow IMO. The Pie Menu is "the breath of fresh air" and makes navigation much more comfortable and faster. Cannot wait for new versions and new functionality. Cheers :)
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

efyx wrote:Thank you for update. The main problem of freecad is old modish navigation style which makes designing slow IMO. The Pie Menu is "the breath of fresh air" and makes navigation much more comfortable and faster. Cannot wait for new versions and new functionality. Cheers :)
Most well known commercial Cad software is 1500 - 2000 for a single licence... Don expect the same from an open source project what is relativly just started...
If is don't go fast enough istart programming. python isn't that difficult.