tutorials for my NURBS macros

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: tutorials for my NURBS macros

Post by triplus »

AFAIK that doesn't happen if the post is the last post in the thread.
emills2

Post by emills2 »

triplus wrote:Was the last post in this thread edited?

As i don't remember:
emills2 wrote:Tutorial 0.03 Point_onCurve ControlPoly4_Segment ControlPoly6 and CubicCurve6 on the way. model and images ready. I hope to have it ready this weekend.
Reading this. And i was waiting for the thread to be bumped again. But as it didn't happen i decided to ask today on the current status of things. And as for the Tutorial 0.03 itself it wasn't published yet?
Sorry, this tutorial is close, but was never finished. Work got intense these last few months and i had little energy left for this project... I tried to sneak away...and i almost got away with it! :lol:

I still plan on pushing the project ahead, but it's hard to say when.
emills2

Post by emills2 »

I just tested FreeCAD 0.17.10980 and didn't find anything broken by changes! that means i should be able to write the tutorial in a straightforward way.

i'll do my best to have the tutorial mentioned above ready by friday.

Has anyone besides Triplus modeled anything using the tools? i don't mean something fancy, just any objects at all created from following the tutorials.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

emills2 wrote:I still plan on pushing the project ahead, but it's hard to say when.
I see. That is understandable and take your time.
Has anyone besides Triplus modeled anything using the tools? i don't mean something fancy, just any objects at all created from following the tutorials.
This could be the deal breaker:
emills2 wrote:Cubic bezier cannot be smoothed really well at the seam, i have a special non-bezier grid and surface just for that task.
emills2

Post by emills2 »

You might be right! As it happens that is the topic of tutorial 0.03 and i made some progress on it yesterday.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »