Woodworking - getDimensions

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
dprojects

Re: Woodworking - getDimensions

Postby dprojects » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:17 pm

jaisejames wrote:Say cupboard external size 2 x 1.2 x 2ht meter. Final assembled size.

What I understand is that you need final size of the furniture (cupboard in this case)? But this macro creates spreadsheet (list) with parts (chipboards made of FreeCAD cube objects) to cut (in market or cut service). This is not for showing final furniture dimensions, this you can already achieve with TechDraw easily or by normal dimensioning and measuring option in FreeCAD (just by measuring the furniture edges n the 3D model).

I would propose another macro for that, something like "measuring 3D objects" or something like that and then we should think about, how to measure or how to find the most outer edges of the furniture. If I understand what you mean correctly.
FreeCAD macro to get chipboards dimensions to cut : https://github.com/dprojects/getDimensions
jaisejames

Postby jaisejames » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:32 am

Ok. Thank you for support.

I need to add some extrusions & clamps etc along with quantity. :)
dprojects

Postby dprojects » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:19 pm

jaisejames wrote:I need to add some extrusions & clamps etc along with quantity. :)

Cutting service don't care about final furniture size or other things not related to cutting wood. You need to know all those things at the design model step, during cutting is too late. Also it would mess up the spreadsheet list. Sorry. Consider FreeCAD TechDraw module instead.

jaisejames wrote:Ok. Thank you for support.

You are welcome. Waiting for more comments and issues.
FreeCAD macro to get chipboards dimensions to cut : https://github.com/dprojects/getDimensions