Welcome here, and thanks for your interest in python scripting features of FreeCAD! Our FreeCAD-Documentation allready offers some excellent articles regarding this topic.
- Short tutorial made for who is totally new to Python.
- Python scripting tutorial and FreeCAD Scripting Basics for a brief introduction of python scripting in FreeCAD.
- Part Module, Scripting explains the basics about scripting of geometric primitives and (topological) shapes.
- Topological data scripting describes lots of methods for creating and modifying Part shapes from python.
- FreeCAD TopoShape API docu. lists all attributes and methods for TopoShapes and thus for all shapes of Part Modul.
- Code snippets contains examples, pieces, chunks of FreeCAD python code collected from the forum.
- Macros recipes contains ready to use macros to add functionality to FreeCAD.
- Scripting examples contains some more complex scripting examples.
- Scripted objects Python Features, python-scripted objects which behave exactly as any other FreeCAD objects.
- Module Creation to add a new modules and workbenches in FreeCAD.
- Extra python modules has listed several external python modules that can be downloaded freely.
- External python tutorials has links to good generic tutorials, not specific to FreeCAD.
- More links you will find at the Power users hub and Category:Python_Code sections of the FreeCAD-Wiki.
- In the end the FreeCAD python API documentation will give you endless informations about all kind of functions.
- In the very last end FreeCAD Python Template Modules at the source code will give you some code to start with.
have fun, bernd