Make Panel Error

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
regis

Re: Make Panel Error

Post by regis »

alex_V wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:31 pm
yorik wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:54 pm Working with sketches only makes sense if you are going to edit them in FreeCAD. Otherwise, you are adding the extra calculation for no gain. In that case I would keep the imported shapes as non-parametric, you should get a much better performance I believe. In theory, outside the sketcher, it shouldn't matter if geometry is very far from the origin point
I use sketch because that polygon represent a real state development, So we use it to apply constraints, create blocks, lots, streets, etc. Then I create panels of every sketch and with the help of python we are able to upload the data to a server and get the location, land use, position, number of houses,etc (even use that information for ecommerce) just from a single FreeCAD file.

Our goal is to make FreeCAD the link between design and sales (of course considering all the process of actually building everything :) )
Nice I'm excited to see the development of this project. Please do share your findings and discoveries with pictures. They all sound really fascinating to check out.