I can create facebinder but not following you the other steps.
Highlighted is a face that include not only external surface, where cladding or finishes is expected, but also included internal surface as I said.
Then, I try follow your step; I try extrude in part WB (always can't figure out the x,y,z vs normal etc setting) the result is weird to me....
Hope you can give more detailed explanation, thanks in advance.
yorik wrote:Actually the concept of "wrapping" something around a wall, in order to create claddings, coatings, and all kinds of finishings, is not implemented yet. I still haven't a good idea of how to do that.
What could work well in your case is this (this is what I usually use to make those finishing layers):
- create a draft facebinder from the faces of the wall you wish to put cladding on, including the sides of the windows
- give that facebinder a little extrusion value
- create a thin horizontal plate, that would have the thickness of the space between two planks of the cladding. For ex, a draft rectangle that you extrude, or an arch panel
- create a vertical array from that thin plate, up to the height of your wall
- subtract that array from the facebinder with Part Boolean cut
The facebinder is parametric, so if your wall changes, so will the cladding