Request: Survey-tool, enhancement

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
teobo

Request: Survey-tool, enhancement

Post by teobo »

Hi,
just analized the survey tool a bit. And found it quite useful.
1. It would be of even greater interest, if I found a way to how could select faces by python script and after that trigger the annotation. So the tool could be entirely run by script. Does anyone know?
2. I would like to have it enhanced: that it is invoked by a parameter a=list of faces(objects), b=list of arbitrary strings
So one could see whatever information is requested at each face (color, naming, inclination, other material parameters).

What do you think of it?
yorik
Founder

Re: Request: Survey-tool, enhancement

Post by yorik »

THe survey tool itself is pretty simple.. Doing what you describe is pretty easy to do directly in python, there is no real need to use the survey tool for that. It's basically a matter of getting the faces, getting their center point, then create an AnnotationLabel object at that point. Have a look at https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD_sf_m ... ds.py#L653 to see how it works...
teobo

Re: Request: Survey-tool, enhancement

Post by teobo »

ok?
maybe you are right. For the thing described, it is not necessary. Let me think about it. Maybe yes on mouse one needed arbitrary_ info. For one could feed survey() with an objects string list to be shown on mouse. Gonna think about it.