Animation Workbench

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
F_Rosa

Re: Animation Workbench

Post by F_Rosa »

Ok, I already had seen this web page and understood each function, but my question is about the settings of the elements (as I said on the Properties window and values). There are obvious cases like setting the number of frames, for example, but there are others that are not so much...

Sorry if I insiste...
Attachments
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (17.97 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
microelly2
Veteran

Post by microelly2 »

mode Camera: give the camera a fix positon or animate the camera along a path object

if you use "Vector" you can write a fix position into the pos Camera field but you can use expressions too.
If you use the "Path" you have to link the path Camera propertiy to a path object.

the "index Camera" is a value which changes over time and holds the current frame. It is overwriten by the manager.

The "Direction" groups defines in which direction the camera looks.
You can select a vector or then Placement.Base of a (moving) object.
"dir Target" and "dir Vector" are the required data in each case.
None menas that the camera doen not change its initial direction.

"Position" Group defines where the top direction of the camera is. Its still not implemented but may be useful if someone want to animate a
motorcycle driver of a flying airplane.

"zoom" is the scaling of the image.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Hi microelly2.

I wanted to instruct the user to use your workbench:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21919

To rotate for example a cylinder once in 60s.

http://freecadbuch.de/doku.php?id=Animation%20Wokbench

Rotator looks like the best option but it doesn't work for me. Could you write a small tutorial on how it should be used for this use case.

Thanks.
microelly2
Veteran

Post by microelly2 »

I have a better node - the Placer - it can do moves and rotations
here is a description in English
https://freecadbuch.de/doku.php?id=anim ... lacer:engl

and here an example
The box rotates on the default axis (0,0,1) in its center (5,5,5) and is moved once to (10,20,30)
I have not an exact time configuration because the movement dependts on the calculation time in FreeCAD, so only a render frame count.
The intervall is 100 ( that can mean 4 s with 25 frames each)

Code: Select all

import Animation
from Animation import *

import Placer

d=App.newDocument("Unbenannt")
b=App.activeDocument().addObject("Part::Box","Box")

r=Placer.createPlacer("BoxPlacer",b)
r.x='10'
r.y='20'
r.z='30'
r.RotCenter=FreeCAD.Vector(5,5,0)

m=createManager()
m.intervall = 100
m.sleeptime = 0.01
m.addObject(r)
m.Proxy.run()
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Placer worked!

In my opinion each feature having a video or description on how to make it work step-by-step would be cool. As average FreeCAD user just doesn't know on how to make it work. Things like First insert the feature -> Set some feature property to link the feature to a 3D object. Double click on feature to get the animation started... For an average FreeCAD user it's in my opinion really hard to start using the feature without such straightforward and easy to understand documentation being available. And in the end that is a shame isn't it?

And is there some competition i don't know about on who will make the longest toolbar? :D

P.S. Can you confirm Rotator feature works on your side?
Tilli

Docs/Tutorials for Animation Workbench..?

Post by Tilli »

triplus wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:23 pm . . . average FreeCAD user just doesn't know on how to make it work. Things like First insert the feature -> Set some feature property to link the feature to a 3D object. Double click on feature to get the animation started... For an average FreeCAD user it's in my opinion really hard to start using the feature without such straightforward and easy to understand documentation being available . . .

"..no, I'm Spartacus!" ;) Yep, I freely admit to being a "below average" user with FreeCAD.

After your reply to my question about "Camera Objects" I've been exercising the search engines for Animation Workbench Viewpoint Dialog.

I arrived here, but this thread is mostly 2015/16 vintage. The website has just a few paragraphs in German.

So I'm struggling. Or, more accurately, completely flummoxed! :?

With restricted internet access, YouTube is off-limits and all the forum's inline linked videos are unhelpfully black rectangles. The ReadMe on GitHub is about installing on different platforms and I haven't found a Wiki. I did find another thread from last Autumn where I tend to sympathise with @zrollins :

zrollins wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:04 pm . . . understanding the flow of the Animation WB is getting me . . . the impression that the Animation WB allowed you not to have to code . . . Is there a good Animation WB for "Dummies" guide out here somewhere, I've searched the forum and also watched several of "microelly" videos on YouTube . . . If there is, can someone please point me in the right direction if I've overlooked a topic or post or video... If someone wants to break-down the flow of creating an animation in the WB, also... feel free. haha

You encouraged @F_Rosa to :

microelly2 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:07 am Hello F_Rosa . . . Look at my website . . . only a german description. If its translation is not understandable request again please.
So, in the words of the Dickensian orphan : "Please sir, I want some more..." :D

Thanks

:?

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.13588 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: 1e2b9758cc7f6872da018ee71983a82499866508
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: English/UnitedKingdom (en_GB)
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

You are in luck as it was done here:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26821
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

Tilli wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:29 pm With restricted internet access, YouTube is off-limits and all the forum's inline linked videos are unhelpfully black rectangles.
triplus wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:52 pm You are in luck as it was done here:

It are all video's so no luck...
microelly2
Veteran

Post by microelly2 »

Jee-Bee wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:16 am
Tilli wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:29 pm With restricted internet access, YouTube is off-limits and all the forum's inline linked videos are unhelpfully black rectangles.
triplus wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:52 pm You are in luck as it was done here:

It are all video's so no luck...
I can put the vidoes into my dropbox - is access to a dropbox allowed?
otherwise I can make a transcript of the video.
What we want?
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Sorry for the brief thread hijack, but this would be a good example of the value of having our own MediaGoblin installation--see for example https://media.libreplanet.org/.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.