Hexagons

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Willem
Veteran

Hexagons

Post by Willem »

Lately someone had a post for help about making 20000 hexagon on a cylinder. Other people were faster with help, but I still was intrigued and I developed a cylinder with 80 hexagon. It was more difficult to do than I thought it would be when I started .I decided to post it here after giving it funny colors
Hexagon-1.png
Hexagon-1.png (129.41 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
Attachments
HexagonNew.fcstd
(514.29 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Hexagon.fcstd
(243.92 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Last edited by Willem on Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
triplus
Veteran

Re: Hexagons

Post by triplus »

Nice model and i remembered this thread i participated in the past to add a bit more reference:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11008#p88496
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

It is also possible to make Draft Arrays of other Draft Arrays. For example sometimes it can be useful to create an ortho Array of a Polar Array.

Your example is very colourful! Being able to colour different faces of a single solid differently is a reasonably new FreeCAD feature...well new to someone who started with FreeCAD 0.09. :)
Willem
Veteran

Post by Willem »

Dear Triplus and Jmaustpc, I am glad you like the model. After some advices of Jmaustpc about arrays I changed the model a bit but I did not succeed to make an array with all the hexagons to cut out of one cilinder. My old low end Vista built PC fall in a never ending sleep when I try that. Therefore 2 rows is the choise. The new model is not that colourfull but simple Hulkgreen