Dimensioning in Spreadsheet

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Willem
Veteran

Dimensioning in Spreadsheet

Post by Willem »

Hi, in the help forum we see a lot of questions about dimensioning in a spreadsheet. I created a red spotted ball without a dimension in the sketches. Here is the spreadsheet.
Schermafdruk4.png
Schermafdruk4.png (18.43 KiB) Viewed 3734 times
This creates my ball, I can change all dimensions in the spreadsheet and the ball changes the same
Schermafdruk1.png
Schermafdruk1.png (43.15 KiB) Viewed 3734 times
With the data from the spreadsheet I create in fact two different shapes as you can see here
Schermafdruk2.png
Schermafdruk2.png (44.6 KiB) Viewed 3734 times
Schermafdruk3.png
Schermafdruk3.png (34.04 KiB) Viewed 3734 times
The FCstd file is also attached so everybody who wants can play with it.
Attachments
Ball.fcstd
(59.4 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Linden

Re: Dimensioning in Spreadsheet

Post by Linden »

Thank you for sharing this!!! Using your example and some trial and error i final have a good idea of how to use both the functions and the spread sheet in free cad. I have made a model that uses 3 dimensions from a table in a spread sheet to make both a male and female Morse taper in any size from #0 to #7. This is a very powerful and useful tool.
Linden
__Vinz__

Post by __Vinz__ »

Seconded. Thanks for sharing, this was very useful to understand how you built the whole thing and how to use spreadsheets !
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I like simple models, yet intriguing, where something can be learned - thank you. Could you explain why you need a Clone of Common and of Cut001. Couldn't you use the originals directly?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.