Flange Spreadsheet

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
eds

Flange Spreadsheet

Post by eds »

Made this spreadsheet-based flange drawer for practice. Maybe someone could find it useful :)

:oops: Also I cannot get the Spreadsheet module to accept the value of the cell as inches; it always converts it to mm, hence a workaround was needed.

EDIT: The dimensions in the catalogue already includes the raised face thickness, which is already constrained to 1/16" as this is standar; and I did not subtract this 1/16" in the sketch. It's corrected now!
Also added description of each value, so another reference can also be used if the original website ever goes inaccessible.
Also added some more types of flanges.
Attachments
Weld neck flange 1.2.FCStd
(29.89 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Blind flange.FCStd
(12.89 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Lap joint flange.FCStd
(16.97 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Flange maker.png
Flange maker.png (118.49 KiB) Viewed 5266 times
Last edited by eds on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
triplus
Veteran

Re: Flange Spreadsheet

Post by triplus »

Nice use case.
eds

Post by eds »

triplus wrote:Nice use case.
Thanks! Plan to make more and share it here.
oddtopus

Post by oddtopus »

Nice model, indeed!
I was looking for something to create welding neck flanges inside the "Pype" toolbar and now I can use this to create the flange and then merge it into the model.
Thanks. :P
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

eds wrote:Made this spreadsheet-based flange drawer for practice. Maybe someone could find it useful :)

:oops: Also I cannot get the Spreadsheet module to accept the value of the cell as inches; it always converts it to mm, hence a workaround was needed.

flange.FCStd
Nice! I think it is very practical.
eds

Post by eds »

oddtopus wrote:Nice model, indeed!
I was looking for something to create welding neck flanges inside the "Pype" toolbar and now I can use this to create the flange and then merge it into the model.
Thanks. :P
Thanks! But I just realised that I made a mistake in the thickness of the flange :oops: . It is corrected now! If you are going to use it, please use the new one instead, so that accuracy is preserved!
renatorivo
Veteran

Post by renatorivo »

Thanks!
Version adapted to millimeters
flange.png
flange.png (31.95 KiB) Viewed 4763 times
Renato

EDIT
Flange cieche ANSI 150 finite.FCStd
(38.7 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
aalucia

Post by aalucia »

Hi,

my I abuse of your knowledge ? I admit that I'm just beginning, well even less... I wanted somewhat to create a flange for a magnet holder, your project fits nicely because I can change the magnet's size and numbers.

My I ask to have one model flange that is not "blind", I mean only the flange without the inner part ?

I suppose that for the average user should be easy, for me is really impossible !

Thanks.

Alex.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

aalucia wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:52 pm Hi,

my I abuse of your knowledge ? I admit that I'm just beginning, well even less... I wanted somewhat to create a flange for a magnet holder, your project fits nicely because I can change the magnet's size and numbers.

My I ask to have one model flange that is not "blind", I mean only the flange without the inner part ?

I suppose that for the average user should be easy, for me is really impossible !
which file are you talking about? If its the one in the post directly before yours, you can not edit the contents because all its history is deleted, the file is just the output solids.

modelling what you want, if I am understanding you correctly, is pretty basic. Defining via a spreadsheet is more advanced. I would suggest you just model it first with ordinary input values and constraints, then create the spreadsheet with correct values, then experiment with referencing those spreadsheet cells with expressions, I mean replace the previously entered simple values with expressions.