Jeep Scale Model

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
psicofil

Jeep Scale Model

Postby psicofil » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:24 pm

Hello everyone I share a new work in progress (a Jeep). I am also finishing editing a video tutorial to make car body, barely finished it I share.
The planes of the jeep were taken from this address: http://planosconciri.blogspot.com.ar/20 ... -jeep.html
Greetings.
Sorry for my bad English
Attachments
jeep.png
jeep.png (385.86 KiB) Viewed 6938 times
jeepFre.png
jeepFre.png (424.47 KiB) Viewed 6938 times
freecad1.png
freecad1.png (165.55 KiB) Viewed 6938 times
Ing. Gomez Lucio
Scope Ingenieria (scopeingenieria.com)
quick61

Re: Show your FreeCAD projects here!

Postby quick61 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:47 pm

psicofil wrote:Hello everyone I share a new work in progress (a Jeep). I am also finishing editing a video tutorial to make car body, barely finished it I share.
The planes of the jeep were taken from this address: http://planosconciri.blogspot.com.ar/20 ... -jeep.html
Greetings.
Sorry for my bad English

Let me be among the first to say, that's fantastic! The raytrace is of particular interest to me. I'll take it the basic .pov script was exported from FreeCAD and then edited? What you have done here is something that has been eluding me for a while now. Just where in the script did you add the textures, transparency, etc? Would you mind sharing a bit of the script that shows how you edited it?

Again, FANTASTIC!

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
psicofil

Postby psicofil » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:12 pm

First Thank you. Still need to add a couple of details. Yes, use the template RadiosityNormal.pov with FreeCAD, then edit some lines. Here I leave the pov file:
http://ubuntuone.com/4BmlLXV2QkfZDtirj6LAEr
Ing. Gomez Lucio
yorik
Site Admin

Postby yorik » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:38 pm

Awesome work, as usual, psicofil! Ok if I use the freecad screenshot on the homepage?
quick61

Postby quick61 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:50 pm

psicofil wrote:First Thank you. Still need to add a couple of details. Yes, use the template RadiosityNormal.pov with FreeCAD, then edit some lines. Here I leave the pov file:
http://ubuntuone.com/4BmlLXV2QkfZDtirj6LAEr

Thank you for that. Now I have a working example to go by. It's a shame we can't just click on the objects in the Raytracing WB and apply those standard finishes for POV-Ray output.

Mark
triplus

Postby triplus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Thank you for that. Now I have a working example to go by. It's a shame we can't just click on the objects in the Raytracing WB and apply those standard finishes for POV-Ray output.
Not entirely true it is already possible to control some of it directly from FreeCAD (Appearance...). In the future there might be some additional sliders ot text boxes added for finer control if any developer will implement it.

Anyway great work psicofil as usual!
quick61

Postby quick61 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:53 pm

triplus wrote:
Not entirely true it is already possible to control some of it directly from FreeCAD (Appearance...).
Yea, maybe not so much. It will apply color and that's about it. You tell it chrome, there is no Chrome_Metal finish applied to the object, etc., just the color that is included with it, and it does not relate transparency either.

In the future there might be some additional sliders ot text boxes added for finer control if any developer will implement it.[/quote]

One can only hope. :) Until then, now that I see where to edit my scripts, a little manual editing is easy enough.

Mark
quick61

Postby quick61 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:23 pm

@ psicofil,

I don't know why it wasn't getting through my thick head before, but thanks to your script that I could follow along with, I now have full control over my FreeCAD renderings. Works a treat. Thanks again!

Mark
Attachments
Effector_Render_test2.png
Effector_Render_test2.png (144.26 KiB) Viewed 6994 times
psicofil

Postby psicofil » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:37 pm

Thank yorik (delighted that uses the image of jeep :D ) and triplus quick61. ppemawm fantastic Job ;) ! I also use blender, but the beauty of povray render is that it is more integrated into FreeCAD, and with a little work you can get great renders. You can also make animations with Povray.
regards.
Ing. Gomez Lucio
quick61

Postby quick61 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:56 pm

psicofil wrote:Thank yorik (delighted that uses the image of jeep :D ) and triplus quick61. ppemawm fantastic Job ;) ! I also use blender, but the beauty of povray render is that it is more integrated into FreeCAD, and with a little work you can get great renders. You can also make animations with Povray.
regards.
Yes, I know. I did a simple "stop motion" camera rotate video while figuring out the use of the .ini file. Just a basic quick render of the frames, no eye candy. I could get real ambitious with this stuff if only I had a Beowulf laying around. ;)

Mark