Lulzbot AO-100 3D Printer Assembly

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Lulzbot AO-100 3D Printer Assembly

Post by NormandC »

OK it's been 2 weeks since someone posted here, that's far too long! So here's something I'm irregularly working on.

Since last January I've owned a Lulzbot AO-100 RepRap 3D printer, and I'm now almost comfortable enough to start making upgrades to it. But for that I needed a virtual model, hence the FreeCAD assembly below :D
FC_AO-10x_RepRap_01.png
FC_AO-10x_RepRap_01.png (112.11 KiB) Viewed 7037 times
And what's that on the middle of the print bed? Why that's the mandatory Yoda print of course! :mrgreen:
Sadly I haven't even printed that Yoda for real yet!
Sadly I haven't even printed that Yoda for real yet!
FC_AO-10x_RepRap_02.png (56.67 KiB) Viewed 7037 times
There's lots of stuff missing yet, I plan on sharing the complete model once finished on Github or maybe Cubehero.
chriswh86

Re: Lulzbot AO-100 3D Printer Assembly

Post by chriswh86 »

I have the Lulzbot Taz3. Good to see another Lulzbot user around here! I hope to one day get my bed leveling figured out to the point of being able to print the needed parts to upgrade my printer to the most recent version as well as adding auto bed leveling.

As for your model it looks amazing! Great to see this amount of complexity being achieved in FreeCAD. Keep up the good work!
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Thanks Chris.

I'm not much of a tinkerer, and I haven't used my 3d printer in a very long time...
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Just thought I'd chime in, since I have a AO-100.

I use it pretty regularly with models I design in FreeCAD.

I keep thinking about re-designing the Z axis to improve the Z wobble...but, never quite get around to it. :D

Regards,
Mac
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."