Norm's FreeCAD cake

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Norm's FreeCAD cake

Post by NormandC »

Hey guys,

Maybe I should stop cross-posting, but I think it's useful to have a central topic to show the projects we do with FreeCAD.

This is something I just shared in this topic.

kwahoo wrote last week on Google+ about the fact that FreeCAD has been in development for 10 years, and that it would soon reach the 5000 commits barrier (which it has today). We joked about modeling a cake to celebrate, so here it is! :mrgreen:

You'll notice that for the candle, I put my script to generate a sweep to good use. There are actually 4 sweeps along the candle. I used the Draft rotate tool to copy the original sweep at 90 degrees intervals. I fused the 4 solid sweeps together, then I substracted them from the cylinder.

The following workbenches were used:
  • Sketcher
  • PartDesign for the plate (revolve), the bottom and middle of the cake (pad & fillet), the candle cylinder (revolve) and the flame (revolve), the sketch for the sweep section
  • Part for a cylinder primitive to make the upper half of the cake (because it failed with a pad?!?), the helix for the sweep, and of course boolean operations
  • Draft to rotate my sweep section to a acceptable angle (but not exactly normal to the helix start), to copy & rotate the generated sweep, and to move/rotate/scale the FC logo which was modeled in a separate file and copy/pasted.
Download the CAD file: FC_cake_v3.fcstd
Last edited by NormandC on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
yorik
Founder

Re: Show your FreeCAD projects here!

Post by yorik »

awesome! we should use that cake somewhere :)
jriegel
Founder

Re: Show your FreeCAD projects here!

Post by jriegel »

Very cool!!
Stop whining - start coding!